Can't Load Kontakt Anymore - 'Major Problem' Error

Options
cybervegeto22
cybervegeto22 Member Posts: 4 Member

Hey all,

I just updated Kontakt to 6.8, and it's no longer useable. I can't boot it up as a vst in FL Studio, and I can't load the standalone. I am met with this "major problem" followed by some message about importing something. The import hash changes every time I attempt to load Kontakt.

I have been having issues with it running slowly over the last few months, but nothing like this. What's going on? I tried reaching out to NI support, ran their tool and emailed them the resulting ZIP file, but haven't heard anything. I'm hoping y'all can tell me how I can fix this!

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Kontakt, but that didn't work.

Best Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,930 mod
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I see that you are on Windows 10 (just stating since you didn't specify) .

Just to clarify , did you update the Native Access to newest version (3.5.0) prior to the re-installing of the Kontakt 6.8 ? . Also , and since you are having issues with the stand-alone version then not suggesting that that is the problem then please notice that FL Studio may need to be updated to newest version in order to use newest version of N.I. plug-ins !

Native Access :    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/  

also since you complain about 'speed issues' then please also check for drive and OS problems (any kind of 'corruption') !

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Options

@cybervegeto22 Have you tried these steps? KONTAKT Crashes

If that dios not work, can you share the error message when in Kontakt in standalone?

• cybervegeto22
    Options

Thanks for the replies guys, the first step in the Kontakt Crashes help page fixed it. Not sure how I missed that when searching...

Thanks @Jeremy_NI! Working so far, in both standalone and VST, and my issues with speed are also gone. Wish I knew which file was causing all of that.

Also, thanks for the head's up on the update to Native Access - I didn't realize there was a newer app available.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,930 mod
    Options

I see that you are on Windows 10 (just stating since you didn't specify) .

Just to clarify , did you update the Native Access to newest version (3.5.0) prior to the re-installing of the Kontakt 6.8 ? . Also , and since you are having issues with the stand-alone version then not suggesting that that is the problem then please notice that FL Studio may need to be updated to newest version in order to use newest version of N.I. plug-ins !

Native Access :    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/  

also since you complain about 'speed issues' then please also check for drive and OS problems (any kind of 'corruption') !

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Options

@cybervegeto22 Have you tried these steps? KONTAKT Crashes

If that dios not work, can you share the error message when in Kontakt in standalone?

• cybervegeto22
    Options

Thanks for the replies guys, the first step in the Kontakt Crashes help page fixed it. Not sure how I missed that when searching...

Thanks @Jeremy_NI! Working so far, in both standalone and VST, and my issues with speed are also gone. Wish I knew which file was causing all of that.

Also, thanks for the head's up on the update to Native Access - I didn't realize there was a newer app available.