Super 8 Does Load in Reaktor, But Does Not Load in Komplete Kontrol

Options
scott.mcfadyen
scott.mcfadyen Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello, I get this message when I attempt to use Super 8 in Komplete Kontrol.

"Super 8 R2 could not be loaded, as it may not yet support

Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration."

However, when I attempt to use Super 8 in Reaktor 6.5.0 it works correctly. Is anyone else having this problem and or know how to fix it?

Thank you.

Best Answers

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,136 Expert
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Super 8 R2 was discontinued last year (source) and so it never received Apple Silicon compatibility. The focus is back on the Reaktor-dependent version. You may use that one instead.

A little backstory:

• scott.mcfadyen
    scott.mcfadyen Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for your help. I can load Super 8 in KK now.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you want to load Super 8 presets (of the Reaktor ensemble) from the Komplete Kontrol browser in ARM native mode you need to uninstall the Super 8 standalone synth completely: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

• Rob Gray
    Rob Gray Member Posts: 54 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Does Native Instruments plan to release a patch so the presets that Native Access provides work in Komplete Kontrol without having to manually remove plugins? I’m sort of confused why a fresh install of Komplete has patches and that wont load in Komplete Kontrol by default.

• Oddsprite
    Oddsprite Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'd like an answer to the preset query raised here too please!

I have several old projects that used Super8 R2 in Komplete Kontrol, now with R2 removed and the Reaktor version only installed I can't recover my tracks as the presets from the Reaktor version and the R2 version aren't compatible.

At least if I could load the same presets I could get back to the same (or similar enough) sounds.

• JayTee303
    JayTee303 Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

We still have junatik but no super 8?

was a go to for me for analogue sounds…What’s a good replacement by NI Komplete?

If i had the funds for repro1/5 i would buy it in an instant those are the sounds i’m looking for…

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Options

@Oddsprite I'm sorry to catch up your comment only now. Unfortunately this is not possible. I've heard that one of our users might try to recreate all the original Super 8 R2 presets for Reaktor's Super 8 and share it with this community.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 362 Pro
    edited April 8
    Options