Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 Windows Driver

Options
Sunborn
Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
edited July 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello,

I just bought a Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 keyboard from a local dealer. It will arrive early next week and i want to be ready to plug it!

So, my question is, which one is the correct (or newest) driver for Windows? Because on site is a bit confusing.

1- On Product page --> Downloads, it says MK1 driver

When you download it you get a Komplete_Kontrol_Driver_Setup_Win.exe (version 3.9.2.40).

2- However, on Download --> Drivers page, it has a different driver! An S-Series MK2 Driver 5.0.0 - Windows 7 and above

When you download it you get a Komplete Kontrol MK2 Driver Setup PC.exe (version 5.0.0.57).

So, which one is the correct driver to download and install? Did i missed something here @Jeremy_NI ?

Thanks in advance for your answers! 🙂

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

the MK2 driver is the correct one for your MK2 keyboard. The mk1 is obviously an older version of the keyboard and has an older driver with a different version number. For the MK2 you also don't need the controller editor, the MK2 has the editor build into the komplete kontrol software you'll hopefully get with the keyboard.

• Sunborn
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks a lot!

Yet still there is a question... why they have the MK1 driver on the MK2 product page?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree that it would be better to have a mk1 and mk2 page but the page you posted has Komplete Kontrol S Series as a title (no mention of mk1 or mk2)

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

the MK2 driver is the correct one for your MK2 keyboard. The mk1 is obviously an older version of the keyboard and has an older driver with a different version number. For the MK2 you also don't need the controller editor, the MK2 has the editor build into the komplete kontrol software you'll hopefully get with the keyboard.

• Sunborn
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks a lot!

Yet still there is a question... why they have the MK1 driver on the MK2 product page?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree that it would be better to have a mk1 and mk2 page but the page you posted has Komplete Kontrol S Series as a title (no mention of mk1 or mk2)

• M1313
    M1313 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

Hey, thought I'd ask a question if that's okay?I've just purchased an mk2 of marketplace and my windows pc does recognize it but says the kk mk2 can't start due to code 10 code 28, drivers not installed..... I've downloaded this mk2 driver and still I can't get it to recognize my mk2, I tried to register the serial number on native access and it's already bn registered and I've asked the guy I purchased it from to transfer the license... anyway is this why my mk2 wont connect to my pc or could it be a faulty controller??

• M1313
    Options

I've also checked on the drivers access and scanned for my mk2 bt it just won't show

• Uwe303
    Options

What is the exact windows version, and have you tried to look into the device manager.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 946 Guru
    Options

Just install Komplete Kontrol v2.9.6

All the drivers you need are right in there.

No need for any standalone drivers.

VP

• M1313
    Options

i have windows 11 and ill look into kk v2.9.6 now cheers

• Sunborn
    Options

I also have an MK2 S49.

I suggest that, if you do not create any NKS presets and/or if you do not have any DAW projects where you previously used the VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol, then you do not have any reason to download the old KK version 2.9.6 and you should download the latest version, 3.2.1.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

I would also echo to download v2.9 as it is more stable and usable tham v3.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 946 Guru
    Options

Exactly. KKv3 is a pale comparison for use with a MKII board.

v2.9.6 is mature, rock solid and feature complete. And it just works.

VP