Can I install Komplete 6 and 7?

Options
Songwriter48
Songwriter48 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Komplete General

I need to know how I can install Komplete 6 and 7 to my computer as the service center no longer is in business apparently. I used to install these with the Komplete 6 and 7 disks and at the end of the install, give the service center the serial number, then I was good to go. I had to buy a new computer and now do not have a way to get Komplete 6 and 7 back so I can continue my songwriting. Any help would be much appreciated.

George

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Like with Service Center you need to install/open Native Access and then login to your NI account which holds all your licenses you have ever bought. It will then show all software which is licensed to you and allow you to download and install it. Including any version of Kontakt you own through various purchases. I have 5/6 and 7 available through Native Access. You do not need disks. With respect to Windows 11 compatibility, All 3 install and work as expected.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,617 Expert
    Options

Likely, it may not install/auth/work on a modern OS like W11. You would have to check if it is available through Native Access maybe? Komplete 7 is almost 13 years old now and as software goes, it's just not supported. You may need to upgrade your version if it doesnt install anymore but first, install Native Access since your products are all registered to your account and see if that allows anything to be installed and authed that way.

• MyStudioOne
    Answer ✓
    Options

Like with Service Center you need to install/open Native Access and then login to your NI account which holds all your licenses you have ever bought. It will then show all software which is licensed to you and allow you to download and install it. Including any version of Kontakt you own through various purchases. I have 5/6 and 7 available through Native Access. You do not need disks. With respect to Windows 11 compatibility, All 3 install and work as expected.

• Kay Boarder
    Kay Boarder Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Question:

When installing Win7 32Bit on the old Intel dual core 3.8GHz DAW machine which formerly ran w/ XP and used Service Center for activations,- will Native Access work reliable and activate formerly purchased NI products?

I remember, when Service center was discontinued, Native Access urgently needed Win7 32Bit.

I also plan re-installing at least Komplete 7,- but starting from Komplete 4 would be welcome too.

I guess, not every device incl. in Komplete 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be re-activated, but I hope many will.

I want to use in addition to my main DAW running Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition.

😉

kay

• MyStudioOne
    Options

hmm. I cannot say which/if any NI products are 64bit only which will be a potential issue for you. But at least you know you are backwards compatible to your old stuff. I "think" all your older stuff should be accessible in Native Access as long as it shows in your "My products and serials" page on the NI web site.

BUT...you need to go into Native Access File/Settings/legacy products and turn on "Show discontinued products". It is off by default.