Maschine + respond to Midi cc

Options
DoverBeach
DoverBeach Member Posts: 48 Helper
edited July 2023 in Maschine

Do the Maschine+ synths responds to midi ccs? I was thinking to use it as a sound module for a torso t-1 before selling it, but if I can’t use the automation from Torso I might end up selling it. I've read the manual and found nothing about it.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Sure... You have to map it in the computer version tho, then move the project (or, Group or Sound) to your SD card.

Note that Maschine ignores MIDI channels, so use a single channel.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Sure... You have to map it in the computer version tho, then move the project (or, Group or Sound) to your SD card.

Note that Maschine ignores MIDI channels, so use a single channel.

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yes you can but you need:

1. An external synth that actually accepts MIDI CCs and you need to know what those actual values are
    2. To setup the sound in the software version of Maschine because that’s where you can select the different MIDI CC’s and map them to a knob for the sound slot. Once you create the sound or group then you can export it to use in other projects.

I do this all the time when I have a new external synth that I want to control from Maschine while also recording automation of Maschine’s knobs that are tied to the external synth’s parameters.

You can read more about how to set it up here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001075809-Setting-Up-MASCHINE-MIDI-Presets-to-Control-External-Hardware-Instruments