Playbox - how to get a preset in sync with DAW?

Options
AMD
AMD Member Posts: 59 Member

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the Playbox instrument and it sounds great, but I can't figure out how to get some of the presets to sync to my DAW tempo, or vice versa and I'm hoping someone can help. Maybe the issue is the time signature?

To give you an example: the Caverns preset is a rhythmic one. I recorded a few notes into a new Logic project, which defaults to 4/4, 120bpm. I held and released the notes in time with the rhythm of the preset. To get the 'phrase' to loop smoothly, it comes out at 6 and a half bars, but when I tun the metronome on, it's obviously completely out of time. I'm hearing a nice slow tempo, but the metronome is flying along.

The first file (link below) is what happens when I turn the metronome on at 120bpm. The second file sounds like 8 bars at a nice slow tempo to me. If I slow the tempo of the project down, the rhythm of the preset slows down too, so that doesn't seem to be the answer.

How do I deal with this?

Do I need to change the time signature? If so, to what?

Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17CwdeXB8zaiJNcoMda3wsZVe67gMQ9XL/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qrQWBKAEu7RlRe15PBlh7DeTU46WsYIK/view?usp=sharing

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

this rhythm is made with the shaper fx, just play a bit around with the mods and modulations, like i-ve made here for you as an example and it is in sync:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

this rhythm is made with the shaper fx, just play a bit around with the mods and modulations, like i-ve made here for you as an example and it is in sync:

• AMD
    Options

Hello! Thank you for your reply and for making that preset 😊

It sounds good, but it has lost the feel of the original, which I was hoping to keep. I feel like the project tempo or groove needs to conform to the rhythm of the original, but I don't know how to do it. I will try to play with the mods and see what happens.

• Uwe303
    Options

try with the step modulator first, if you can´t get it work as you need just ask, i can later have a look again and try to set it as you want, now i have to go to bed for today.

• AMD
    Options

Hello again and thanks for your swift reply.

I will try the step mod in the morning. I too need to go to bed now. It's been a long day!

Thank you and good night! 😴