User Presets stored in User Content but not shown in MX's browser

Options
Lyhrus
Lyhrus Member Posts: 12 Member
edited July 2023 in Massive X & Synths

Hello everybody.

I stored a preset I was working on in Massive X.

After storing the preset it appears in the User Content Folder (.nksf-files). But it is not shown in my Massive X's browser window (user content).

I'm working on a Mac M1, Ventura. Latest version of Massive X 1.4.3 vst3. I tried this on several DAWs (Cubase 12, Ableton 11, Bitwig 5), everywhere the same. Even after Rescanning Content.

Massive X is installed here: HD / Applications / Native Instruments / Massive X

My User Content Folder is here: HD / Users / my name / Documents / Native Instruments / User Content / Massive X / Presets.

I never installed the factory library. However, I downloaded some expansions, they are shown in the browser.

Is anybody out there having experienced the same? Thank you all for any advice / support.

Best, Lyhrus

EDIT: I obviously overlooked another discussion in the forum on the same issue. It's here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/5025/user-presets-in-massive-x-1-4x-new-browser#latest

I will comment the topic there as well.

Best Answer

• Lyhrus
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got some messages from NI support. It actually seems to be a bug for some Mac users. They try to fix it with the next update.

They sent me this workaround.

"Can you please check the following and confirm that you are able to use the following workaround? 

• Open Komplete Kontrol in your DAW
    • Load Massive X within KK
    • Create a patch in Massive X 
    • Save the patch in KK: 

That worked for me!

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

Do you test to update your data bank? Is it seeing after db is ready?

• Lyhrus
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi Paule, thank you. I continued elsewhere (please see the link at EDIT), as I (sorry: too late) found a topic with the same issue.

However, to answer your question:

• I rescanned the content
    • I reinitialized the database
    • I tried to assign Full Data Access to several DAWs using Massive X
    • I completely uninstalled Massive X from my Mac. After reinstalling the issue occurred again. I contacted the NI support and created a ticket. If I get a solution, I'm going to post it here as well.
  • Lyhrus
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got some messages from NI support. It actually seems to be a bug for some Mac users. They try to fix it with the next update.

They sent me this workaround.

"Can you please check the following and confirm that you are able to use the following workaround? 

• Open Komplete Kontrol in your DAW
    • Load Massive X within KK
    • Create a patch in Massive X 
    • Save the patch in KK: 

That worked for me!

• SOUTHWOOD
    SOUTHWOOD Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

So I am having this issue also (Windows 11) and after some troubleshooting using Windows Explorer, it looks like when you use the above workaround, Massive X creates a folder within the User Content / Massive X folder based on the content bank the user preset is based on. In my case, I created a user preset for Lazerman, a preset within the "Rush" library. So it created a Rush folder within the Massive X folder (User Content) and placed my preset there.

That would work, but the problem is that I have other presets that I've created and don't want to have to recreate them. Is it possible to open them and then save them using the above workaround rather than having to figure out exactly all of the changes I made to the factory presets?

• SOUTHWOOD
    SOUTHWOOD Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Ok, so I was able to confirm that Massive X saves the user presets in specific folders depending on the library that the original factory preset came from. So, in KK, I opened a preset by navigating to it and then just saved it. MX created a folder for it based on the library it came from, and then I navigated to my other presets and copied them into the same folder. And now they all show up when I select the User Preset button.

It's not the specific location I'd like to have, unfortunately, but it will work in the meantime. Hope this helps if others have the same issue.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,803 mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

This may help - I made an Init patch that automatically saves to a 'User' Bank to use as a starting point for my own User patches

Just change 'Author' in the settings /author field to your own name and resave then all patches made with this will have your name and be more easy to find