Newbie Q - Setting up Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3

Options
Lisa8786
Lisa8786 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hey. Hoping someone can help with this please:

I've just set up Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 on my Windows 11 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5700U processor. I've installed the Traktor DJ2 software. For some reason, I had the option to install Traktor Pro3 also, so I installed that too. I have 2 problems:

When I connect the Hardware via USB it lights up for a second and then goes dark

When I click either of the software options, I just get general information about the software, rather than being able to open it (screenshot below)

Any help appreciated as I feel like either something is broken, or I'm missing something very obvious!

Thank you,

Lisa

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Options

Hi @Lisa8786,

welcome to Traktorland! Lets have a closer look at your topics:

1. The S2 comes with both a Traktor DJ 2 and Traktor Pro 3 license. The latter is the way more versatile and powerful tool whereas the first is more basic (a free product btw).
    2. It may be not 100% intuitive, but you cannot launch Traktor from Native Access - this tool is for Installation and Registration only. You will find the applications in your Programs folder -> Native Instruments -> Product Name
    3. Once you have started Traktor, please connect the S2 again.

What's happening then?

• Lisa8786
    Options

Hey Mark

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I've launched Traktor now, and connected the S2 again. The lights are staying on which is good, but when I go to play a track, nothing happens in either the software or the hardware. I've tried switching between both. I also added a driver (I think) in audio settings, but that didn't make any impact.

I'm also connected to Beatport streaming and accessing their library that way, to source tracks.

Looks like I'm nearly there but just need the tracks to play.

Thanks for any advice you can give here!

Lisa

• Markovicz
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hey Lisa,

thanks for posting these screenshots, they provide the necessary insights: your audio settings are not yet set accurately. You can easily read this from the red speaker symbol in the top row, which indicates a missing audio device.

So the Preferences page provides two menus:

1. Audio Device - please select "Traktor Kontrol S2MK3 (ASIO)" here.
    2. Built-In Soundcard - please select the actual onboard sound card of your PC (on Windows, it is mostly "Realtek High Definition Audio".

This way you should be ready to go.

• Lisa8786
    Options

Hey again Mark,

Up and running now, so I should be good from here. Thanks so much!!

Lisa

• Markovicz
    Answer ✓
    Options