Is there a new version of Maschine+ on the horizon?

Options
Mithras Angel
Mithras Angel Member Posts: 2 Member

Got an unexpected bonus at the day job, and was considering purchasing Maschine+.

However, I've got an amazing personal history of buying a product, just to have a new version come out 3-4 months later, with a bunch of additional features.

I just thought I'd come here and check to make sure a new hardware version wasn't coming out 'soon'.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 208 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome. Do not think anyone can give you the answer to the question asked. Just remember that even Ableton Push 3 which had the advantage of hindsight, was unable to do all the software in a PC can do with standalone functionality. Temper your expectations if you do get the Maschine+. More importantly, have fun!

MK3 - September 2017

Maschine+ - September 2020

Maybe something in September 2023?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

That's quite perceptive. Add these to your list:

• MK2 and Mikro MK2 - October/September 2012
    • Studio - November 2013
    • Maschine Jam - September 2016
    • Mikro MK3 - October 2018 (?)

Some dates differ between the announcement and actually hitting stores but you get the point. They def like releasing Maschine HW in Q4 but if there's gonna be a release this year or not will never be officially confirmed.

Answers

• Percivale
    Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome. Do not think anyone can give you the answer to the question asked. Just remember that even Ableton Push 3 which had the advantage of hindsight, was unable to do all the software in a PC can do with standalone functionality. Temper your expectations if you do get the Maschine+. More importantly, have fun!

MK3 - September 2017

Maschine+ - September 2020

Maybe something in September 2023?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

That's quite perceptive. Add these to your list:

• MK2 and Mikro MK2 - October/September 2012
    • Studio - November 2013
    • Maschine Jam - September 2016
    • Mikro MK3 - October 2018 (?)

Some dates differ between the announcement and actually hitting stores but you get the point. They def like releasing Maschine HW in Q4 but if there's gonna be a release this year or not will never be officially confirmed.

• Mithras Angel
    Mithras Angel Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

That's actually fairly useful for my decision.

I can hold off on buying until at least September, see what happens, and then use the bonus money as a "Christmas present for myself".

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

I expect to come new NI HW/SW soon (within few months). Seprember or so is quite good candidate. Also Komplete Bundles get released about that time of year....

Another thing is, if there will be Maschine Plus MK2. At all, or soon. My guess is that if new M+ will come ever it might be with a new version of Maschine SW.

Also, there was sale of keyboards, end of sales of Traktor S8 and Z2. But no sale of M+. Also the price went gradually down.... It probably does not sell well. So, who knows if MK2 will come. It may share fate of Maschine Jam, D2 and like. Good products, but probably not that profitable.....

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    edited July 2023
    Options

Their latest acquisitions were almost purely SW related: iZotope, Brainworx and Plugin Alliance. Maybe they are just transforming into a SW company.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

Maybe that's exactly what they lacked, an autonomous SW for HW, more adapted and more efficient, with a real kernel created for the HW.

It would then suffice to add an internal battery, a faster processor and double the RAM and the MK2 would have everything to succeed...

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

Although I initially thought an internal battery was missing, I came to the conclusion that it would be a bad idea. Batteries die and have to be replaced after a relatively short amount of time, add weight and become outdated if newer technology gets available. It could only be a acceptable if it was a swappable industry standard type.

A powered USB-C port would be very convenient though, and allow to use a great variety of power sources without additional adapters.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

And there could be empty space (enclosure) whereto one could place battery of choice. If it fits inside.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

I've been using an XTPower 10000 for 2 years and it's really good, no drop in performance, it lasts for hours, the only flaw is that it's not attached to the M+. But it is true that this is not my main request.

A better processor and a SW core completely adapted to the processor, would be perfect to gain power and therefore benefit from the maximum of the Ni environment, and to add the edition of visual automations, graphic equalizer...

• Percivale
    Options

Won't USB power cause hum/buzz. I use M+ with a power bank usb c to power barrell tip. Not too bad.

• PucaMomo
    PucaMomo Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Unrelated to the original post but, I get humming on every pair of inear-earphones I use with the M+, only when I use headphones the buzzing goes away, wondering if you had any knowledge about this? It happens even when it's plugged into the wall.

I'm new to maschine and any advise would be much appricated <3

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

Sigh... the best path to the future is exceedingly clear....

• J.Hill
    J.Hill Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Try connecting the M+ to a laptop or desktop computer and see if the buzzing persists. If so you might want to use some good over the ear headphones and save yourself the headache if possible. Personally, I wouldn't use inear-earphones as you would need that to hear the different frequencies especially during the mixing process