Question about upgrade to Komplete 14 Standard before July 6

Jaspli
Jaspli Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hi community,

I just ordered the Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 during the SPECIAL OFFER (June 30) at Thomann.

How can I upgrade to Komplete 14 Standard before the Summer Of Sound ends (July 6) ?

According to NI's website: Summer of Sound Special 2023: How To Activate a Hardware-/Software Bundle? – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

if I don't need to wait until my hardware arrives to register, then how do I have a serial number to register in my Native ID?

Is there will NI send an email with the serial number(or sort of license) to me after my order has been confirmed by Thomann?

(My orders at Thomann are still on hold and haven't been shipped yet).

If I proceed with my order at Thomann, and the S88 arrives after July 6, will I not be able to upgrade to Komplete 14 Standard?

I'm a little worried that I won't be able to get Komplete 14 Standard because the promotion is about to end when I receive the product.

Don't know how this works exactly.

Thank you

Best Answer

  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,591 mod
    Answer ✓

    @Jaspli I've answered your other post. I'll write it again here: When you buy the keyboard through a retailer it is not possible to get the bundle before getting the keyboard and registering it but there is a grace period for customers in your situation. In any case you can reach out to my colleagues here if that would not work: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

Answers

  • Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,312 mod

    I saw this problem before, but unfortunately first you need to register your hardware, in order to get the software. I suggest to contact Native Instruments Support, they are the only ones who can provide you with a solution:

    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014498698-How-to-Contact-NI-Support

  • Jaspli
    Jaspli Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    edited July 2023

    @Sunborn

    Thanks for your reply.

    I think you're right that first I need to have the hardware in hand and register it then to get the software and upgrade.

    But I am still wondering whether the condition to get this special offer is based on the date of purchase or the date of registration.

    I have already contact Native Instruments Support, hope I will get a reply shortly otherwise I might need to cancel my orders at Thomann and get refund.

    Or maybe someone here can help me out?

  • PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,521 mod
    edited July 2023

    I can not give you any warranty, but I think that if you took an offer at Thomann when offer were valid then Thomann should take care of you if there is any problems, I have shopped at Thomann myself sometimes. If you are in doubt then ask Thomann support tomorrow in chat when you are logged in and they are open.

    But I am rather confident that if you bought when offer were valid then you are going to get your software combo one way or another, neither Thomann nor N.I. are out to cheat you and Thomann is a approved reseller so there ought to be zero problems in that connection !

    Neither parties are just going to take your money and run...

  • Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,312 mod

    Yes an admin here might help you, @Jeremy_NI (he will probably see the message tomorrow)

  • Jaspli
    Jaspli Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

    @PoorFellow

    Thanks for your reply!

    I’d already asked Thomann, and they also seem not sure if I could get the Standard upgrade if my hardware arrives after July 6th. Therefor they also suggested I contact NI.

  • Jaspli
    Jaspli Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

    It seems that I have to wait for an official reply from NI.

    Thank you for tagging him for me. I hope they will notice it tomorrow.

    Nice community!

  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,591 mod
    Answer ✓

    @Jaspli I've answered your other post. I'll write it again here: When you buy the keyboard through a retailer it is not possible to get the bundle before getting the keyboard and registering it but there is a grace period for customers in your situation. In any case you can reach out to my colleagues here if that would not work: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

  • Jaspli
    Jaspli Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

    @Jeremy_NI

    Does that mean I can rest assured to proceed with my order? And I will be able upgrade to Standard even if it arrives after July 6th because there is a grace period for this situation, right?

    I’m sorry to bother you again, but I just want to make sure.

  • Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

    @Jaspli

    What I did once was, that I have asked the seller (e-shop) to open the box and send me the codes by email as it would not come in time by mail. That time it was not HW, just SW Upgrade with installation media.

  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,591 mod

    @Jaspli I'm asking confirmation again. I also highered the priority on the ticket you created so my colleagues get back to you faster.

Back To Top