Battery 4 cell / midi problem

Options
hobbah72
hobbah72 Member Posts: 33 Member
edited July 2023 in Battery 4

Sometimes when I load a sample into a cell, it plays midi even though is no midi recorded on the track in Logic Pro. I can't figure out why?

I have each cell correctly mapped to my midi keyboard and individual outputs in Logic

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

You shouldn’t even be doing it in facts. The cells are already automatically assigned to a midi note, you should change it only if you want another note to trigger that peculiar cell. Otherwise, pushing the right midi note should play the pre assigned cell. The only thing that could happen is that the 2 softwares you are using have a different “concept” of which note is which. In some software C4 is what for others is C3

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    Options

Doesn't look like a problem.

If your Battery is loaded on a Logic channel it make sense that you hear a sound when you play your keyboard, even if there is no some midi recording. It is the same on most DAW's (if not on all)

• hobbah72
    Options

Yes but plays sounds / midi from other cells not the sound in the selected cell

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Oh, ok. So, this is wrong midi assignment.

Every cell, gives you the option to assign it on a specific key range, or just in one keynote.

So, you have to assign different values to each cell. If 2 cells (or more) share the same midi key, then of course they will play all together.

• hobbah72
    Options

I have done that, each key has an upper and lower value

• hobbah72
    Options

If I’m on a 25 key midi keyboard, and typically use a 16 cell matrix, how should I be doing this correctly?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

You shouldn’t even be doing it in facts. The cells are already automatically assigned to a midi note, you should change it only if you want another note to trigger that peculiar cell. Otherwise, pushing the right midi note should play the pre assigned cell. The only thing that could happen is that the 2 softwares you are using have a different “concept” of which note is which. In some software C4 is what for others is C3

• hobbah72
    Options

gotcha, than you very much