KK - "do you want this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device"

Options
Rikk Show
Rikk Show Member Posts: 99 Helper

Every time I start Komplete Kontrol, my Windows 10 throws this message:

"do you want this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device"

It also says "Publisher Unknown".

Anyone know how to fix this issue so I don't have to click "Yes" in the error box?

KK v2.9.3

Win 10 is up to date as well.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!

As a general advice: For a serious music production you must disable ALL those archaic Windows nonsense, while having a trustful Antivirus to deal with possible problems.

In most cases, those are fake alerts.

"Publisher Unknown" indicates that the file (.exe or .dll etc) is missing the digital signatures by a trusted publisher. But it doesn't mean that the program is necessarily "bad". There are numerous reasons for those missing digital signatures starting from a new publisher name that isn't registered yet, up to even a pirated software.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 99 Helper
    Options

So, you suggest Native Instruments haven't digitally signed Komplete Kontrol, really?

How would a pirated Komplete Kontrol get downloaded from Native Access from my registered account?

I don't think you are serious in your response. Was it some type of joke?

And disable the Windows protection, that is there to protect your computer from viruses, sounds like a really bad idea.

Anyone having some actual useful advice?

I would appreciate that. Thanks.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

...Jesus.... 🙄

1) I didn't "suggest" anything. That, is your assumption. I just told you what means the "Publisher Unknown" message! I am using Windows for 25 years, on a professional level.

2) I never said to "disable protection". I said that, those silly Windows nag screens are far from been a serious security. They are there for the very inexperienced users only, no advance user uses them, instead they invest on a good Pro Antivirus solution. What i suggested was to disable those kind of warnings and not your Windows security, because in most cases are false (as probably is now with your KK -it is a false warning, since as you said you get it through Native Access)! And for much better security i suggested you to replace it with a real Antivirus/Security suite.

In more simple words, what i suggested was this setting, assuming that you do have a good antivirus of course!

3) I am very serious in my responds and i don't do jokes with people that i don't know.