S8 - Mapping Knob for Key Adjust in Traktor 3

Options
partofthepuzzle
partofthepuzzle Member Posts: 18 Member
edited February 29 in Mapping Traktor

Hi.

I'm trying to map knob on the S8 for Key Adjust as I did on the S4 Mk2.

I tried mapping one of the FX knobs but they revert to a "button" as soon as let go of it.

I tried mapping one of the Remix Decks buttons but they are the infinite type and they won't work - also they're much too sensitive, IMO

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, how can I tell if it's an S8 Mk1 or mk2 and what's the difference between the two models?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,683 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Enable Learn --> Toch+Turn the Knob --> Disable Learn --> Let go of the Knob.

What you are seeing is Knob Touch note off message getting assigned, which in default mappings result in non assignable control.

• partofthepuzzle
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Stevan: That tip on letting go of the knob solved my problem of mapping the touch FX knobs. I'm checking out your site - it looks like a great resource.

Zephry: Thanks, I knew about the key on screen adjustment. I was specifically trying to get the smoother rising/falling effect that we get on the Key knob in the software. I use it for a dramatic enhancement on big build ups, etc.

NI Traktor Forum comes though again!

Answers

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 103 Helper
    Options

How are you doing this?

In controller editor or Traktor itself. As far as I Know there is only one S8 mo MK1 or MK2

Never tried remapping my s8 so I cant be sure why it's not working. I do know those knobs are all touch sensitive so it may be something to do with that but I cant be sure of it unfortunately. Have you got any more info,

• Stevan
    Answer ✓
    Options

Enable Learn --> Toch+Turn the Knob --> Disable Learn --> Let go of the Knob.

What you are seeing is Knob Touch note off message getting assigned, which in default mappings result in non assignable control.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 587 Pro
    Options

I hope you do know there is key adjustment on the S8 screen already. I get it if you want faster control with a knob though.

If you didn't know of the key adjustment, then definitely go through the manual for the S8 and all the controls.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 587 Pro
    Options

And there is only one S8 model.

There was also an S5 model very similar to the S8. Which I desperately want. Lol

• partofthepuzzle
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Stevan: That tip on letting go of the knob solved my problem of mapping the touch FX knobs. I'm checking out your site - it looks like a great resource.

Zephry: Thanks, I knew about the key on screen adjustment. I was specifically trying to get the smoother rising/falling effect that we get on the Key knob in the software. I use it for a dramatic enhancement on big build ups, etc.

NI Traktor Forum comes though again!

• Stevan
    Options

Thank you as well and glad to hear that resolved it! Enjoy.