Is there a way to just download the Kontakt 7 Player by itself on Mojave??

Options
Duka921
Duka921 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I just bought Duets and the KarriemRigginsDrums from the Play Series instruments and when I try to use them, I get a message that says my version of Kontakt Player (Kontakt 6 Player) is too old to use these instruments. My other instruments, like the Rickenbacker Bass, still work fine. I know that Kontakt 7 doesn't work with Mojave. I'm just wondering if there is a way to download the Kontakt 7 Player by itself. All I really want is the plugin for the Kontakt 7 Player so that I can play these new instruments. I can't update my OS because I have Protools 12 and I don't want to lose it and mess with my projects. Is this at all possible?

Sidenote: When I downloaded Duets and the KarriemRigginsDrums in Native Access, I was prompted to download Kontakt 7 Player as well but it wouldn't go past the "calculating download time" message.

Best Answer

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,135 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

These instruments indeed require Kontakt 7 (as written on their product pages) and so will all future instruments that will get released.

Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass was made for Kontakt 5 and it's normal that instruments from older Kontakt versions will work fine in newer ones. It just won't work the other way round.

I think you have two options here:

• Take the risk and update your OS (though you may want to create a backup of your projects)
    • Try requesting a refund for Duets and Karriem Riggins Drums
  • Duka921
    Duka921 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@Monochrome I'm aware of this, per my question. I'm asking if it's possible to download the Kontakt 7 player by itself (without installing Native Access 2) and if it would work with Mojave as just a player.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,135 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sadly, no. Kontakt 7 Player itself requires macOS 10.15, 11, 12 or 13 (latest update) as per the System Requirements.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

Player and Full version share the same requirements, so even Player will not work on Mojave

In any case, all NI products require NA

• Davidemt
    Davidemt Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited November 2023
    Options

hello! I have kontakt 6..is it really worth to upgrade? also if I update from mojave to catalina will it work smoothly? thanks