MAC M1 Reaktor Super8

Options
T-A
T-A Member Posts: 19 Member
edited June 2023 in Reaktor

Hi i have switched to Mac M1 from PC ....

And i have problem With Super8 in Reaktor 6.5

The problem is that it is overloading "redline" in the Reaktor CPU meter and the results is "crackling" its kind of important for me to get the Super8 working because i have made a ton of presets for it as i use it for a replacement for Roland Juno/Jupiter stuff..

Anyone got a clue ?? 😥

I use 99% Maschine in standalone mode and sometimes when i really have to in Logic.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

It should run fine, it's not a particularly demanding plugin for me (also on M1 although a Max). There are a couple of variables you can try changing to see if they make a difference, the first is your audio sample rate and buffer size (in Maschine settings - this determines overall latency) - the second is the sample rate Reaktor uses which you need to open the full edit view to get to - just play around with those to see what gives you the best results

• T-A
    Options

Super8 Shows 10-11% CPU on the meter in reaktor and random spikes with a red line..

I am running Maschine with 64samples buffer and 44.1 no problemas with anything its just the Super8 in reaktor that drives me crazy because it Spikes out totally random dosent matter if its a big session with a ton of plugins or if its only one Super8 and nothing else...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

64 samples is very low for something like Reaktor, even I don't go that low except with sample based stuff or ultra light synths, which Reaktor is not. Try upping your buffer

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor
    Options

I get that too, with Ableton Live, even with a 128 samples buffer. Super 8 is the only plugin/ensemble that acts up like that. I played around with it only for a short time, right after NI ported Reaktor to AS, and decided that Super 8 is more trouble than it’s worth, unfortunately.

• T-A
    Options

Arghhhhh :/ A little update ....

In Logic:

No problem with cpu spikes with Reaktor -> Super8

Loading Super8(reaktor vs) with Komplete Kontroll (2.9.4) crackling, spikes, totally useless but works flawless with out Komplete Kontroll ... Ehhhh :(

In Maschine (2.17.4)

Format: VST3 Reaktor(Super8) Random CPU spikes as described above in earlier post.

Format: AU Reaktor(Super8) Random CPU spikes (redline in reaktor) but no crackling

So i guess the problem is in the VST and Maschine / Komplete kontroll framework..

• Rob Gee
    Rob Gee Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Yep Maschine doesn’t play nice with low buffer sizes and isn't very CPU efficient on my system either.

Running with a 6 core i7 @4Ghz with an RME Raydat on W10 Pro, no such issues in Cubase which can easily run at 64 sample buffer.

Nice to know it’s not Mac/PC specific issue :)

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor
    Options

Oh right, it’s possible I’ve only tried VST3, I should test the AU version to make sure. Super 8 is a lovely synth, I’d love to use it!

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

In standalone are spikes also but no crackling. Why is the cpu so high?

1. My actual pc is smaller than the one before.

2. Brass EQ is in the fx line and

3. MRC in front of Super 8.

My buffer size is 2048 and I don't use a daw to create audio tracks. A small one only to arrange the recorded audio clips. I'm no musician, a sounddesigner & builder only.

• T-A
    Options

Just a note on buffersize in Maschine standalone (Yes i use Maschine only in standalone mode :) ) I have not had any problems with 64smp buffersize not on Mac M1 or PC running lots of plugins UAD Native, McDSP, Waves , U-HE, etc...

BUT i am currently using the Soundcard in Maschine Mk3 i guess if you have a Focusrite USB there will be glitches ;) used to love Focusrite... not so much anymore.

• T-A
    Options

Ok now i am really pissed....

After my findings that th AU version worked better in Maschine i had some oter things todo.. sooo when i booted up the Mac now again Maschine and AU version Reaktor(Super8) it spikes and crackels ******! so i started play around with the buffers hmmm... when i increase the buffer the reaktor(Super8) uses more CPU and still crackles and overload spikes...

😫

• T-A
    Options

New update, Its not a isolated Super8 problem it seems to be a Reaktor 6.5 issue 😥

I have noticed the same problem using blocks.. One easy way to replicate the issue is to just start a new rack and just drop a Kodiak Morph filter in to it ... You dont even need to connect anything ...

I dont have clue whats going on since the problem is kind of random... But i guess its a Reaktor Mac issue....

I have been using Reaktor since hmmm... 98isch and its a big part of my studio setup sooooo please help!! 😔

• Paule
    edited June 2023
    Options

On my really small pc 16 mb RAM: Kodiak Morph filter Racks

No spikes here at 2048 buffer.

• T-A
    Options

It seems to be a Mac M1 Reaktor 6.5 related problem 😣

BTW: Paule You make the best Ensambles 😀

• Paule
    Options

Do you open a ticket at Support?

• Paule
    edited June 2023
    Options

@T-A

BTW: Paule You make the best Ensambles 😀

No, it isn't good to be the best. Then there is no headroom for changes or variations.

It's good to be on the third place or lower. 🙂

Take a look at pandoro. Over the years it becomes richer in controlling and audio. Now in version 29 there is a mod of Chets Dannenberg Brass, an extract a user asked for and Koan gives the right spark: Brass EQ with modulation in Blocks format.

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/10099/

This Brass EQ has it's own LFOs. So I can use it with Super 8 p.e.