Pc Peformance with using Traktor

Options
ScottyMct1987
ScottyMct1987 Member Posts: 23 Member

Hi everyone just wondering what pc performance everyone uses when they use Traktor pro 3, I had an issue at a venue the other night, I set up my s4 mk3 controller and when I plugged my charger into my laptop it was making a very loud buzzing sound constantly, it only stops when I take the charger out. I use high performance power and was wondering with using this could it be the issue to the buzzing noise as high performance uses more energy

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options

Sounds like the equipment / power was not grounded. Though I don't know too much about it.

Did you use a 3 pin plug?

• ScottyMct1987
    Options

Do you mean The venues equipment? I did yes

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Options

Usually, if the power supply is issue, you should also be able to hear a slight bzzzz sounds coming out of the supply itself. Definitely try a different power supply if you can get the replacement.

• ScottyMct1987
    Options

The s4 mk3 power supply or the power supply for the charger?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options

I mean your S4 and Laptop charger, do they have 3 pin? And if you used an extension from the wall, it also needs to be grounded.

• ScottyMct1987
    Options

They both have 3 pin yes

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    Options

Sounds interesting.

Because I have noticed that there is some sound crackling when I'm connecting power supply into the windows laptop the one is playing Traktor from battery. But the crackling appears only for a moment. And I think it is somehow related to a switching power modes from battery only to/from power outlet. And maybe it's a Ryzen or hybrid gpu system releated. Maybe Intel, or single VGA system will not have this temporary sound glitch.

• John_M
    John_M Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

If you're experiencing issues with your power supply, there's a helpful indicator to look out for. In addition to the problem you're facing, you may also hear a slight buzzing sound emanating from the supply itself. To troubleshoot this, it's recommended to try using a different power supply if you have access to a replacement. This will help determine if the power supply itself is the root cause of the issue.

• ScottyMct1987
    edited June 2023
    Options

Do you mean the power supply for the Ac Adapter Charger or the power Supply for my s4 mk3 controller