How do I show what kit/expansion is loaded on any given track?

Options
EnergyCrush
EnergyCrush Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Maschine

I'm loading up a song I haven't touched in quite a while as I need to render stems, output MIDI, and provide a list of all instruments/expansions used.

I'm feeling stupid, but aside from individual sound names and the generic "Sampler" for SOUND, I don't see anything anywhere through the Maschine software or the MKII that says what kit or expansion is loaded on that track. Pressing BROWSE just shows me the default screen for loading up something that would replace whatever is already on the track.

Please tell me I'm missing something simple and basic and this isn't going to be some sort of hellish fight. I'm not up for that.

Thanks,

Mickey

Tagged:

Best Answers

• EnergyCrush
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

For anyone else that runs into this issue, what I found is that in the middle section on the right side where it has [MASTER GROUP SOUND], if you click on GROUP the name of the kit is displayed. Next to it is a magnifying glass, and if you click on that, the Maschine Expansion the kit belongs to will be displayed in the left hand side.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is a workaround: if you select one sound and push the magnifying glass to the right in the middle, it will show you the sample in the browser. From there you can also right click on it and use “Find in explorer”. Like this you will see from which Expansion it comes from (watching the folder it is in. Every expansion has its own folder)

Answers

• EnergyCrush
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

For anyone else that runs into this issue, what I found is that in the middle section on the right side where it has [MASTER GROUP SOUND], if you click on GROUP the name of the kit is displayed. Next to it is a magnifying glass, and if you click on that, the Maschine Expansion the kit belongs to will be displayed in the left hand side.

• EnergyCrush
    Options

Okay, it turns out that doesn't always work - it worked for one track, but trying it on a second didn't, so I still have no idea what kit it is or where it comes from, as nothing is displayed in the GROUP for that track.

Help?

• EnergyCrush
    Options

Okay, so it seems I had taken sound from several different kits in Arcane Attic, and so Maschine didn't recognize a single kit as the source to navigate to. That's pretty ****** though - Maschine still knows where all the sounds reside, why isn't there a track back for individual sounds from Expansion kits?

I got lucky finding this, because it just happened that the other drum track was a single Arcane Attic kit, and it just happened to be opened while I had the other track open and just happened to notice several of the instrument names were matching kits in Arcane Attic. I have no idea how I would have found that if they had been from any other place at all.

It would still be great to hear from someone else if they know how to figure that out without luck.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is a workaround: if you select one sound and push the magnifying glass to the right in the middle, it will show you the sample in the browser. From there you can also right click on it and use “Find in explorer”. Like this you will see from which Expansion it comes from (watching the folder it is in. Every expansion has its own folder)

• EnergyCrush
    Options

Thank you, I will give that a shot