Any benefit from using USB-C cable VS USB-A ?

Options
ghostwhip
ghostwhip Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello,

I purchased S4 when it first came out and it came with a seemingly standard USB A - USB B cable (I think just USB 2.0, though I have since lost this cable).

I am considering "upgrading" to USB-C to USB-A cable, but wondering if it would actually be an upgrade at all.

Looking for opinions on this matter.

Also, if I were to purchase S4 MK3 today, would it still come with the older USB 2.0 A to B cable that it initially shipped with?

Cheers

Tagged:

Comments

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 591 Pro
    Options

The only advantage might be using the different port. I use both styles regularly, simply because I have both sitting out and don't pay attention. I have never noticed any difference.

I have yet to buy any type of controller that comes usb C to A.

I seem to remember some issues back when the USB C ports where first being introduced and if I remember correctly it was fixed somehow. I think it was a latency issue. On the safe side I would make sure to keep a B to A cable around, since most testing is probably done with those.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,799 Expert
    Options

IMHO C or A makes no difference if the wires are of the same quality.

I use B-A cable and to fit to C I use A-C cable "extension"...

Maybe the best is to have B-A cable and A-C cable "adaptor". Then you may connect to the both A and C, if needed.

• ghostwhip
    ghostwhip Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thanks for the responses!

Part of the reason for considering usb-c is indeed the connector itself which seems more snug than usb A connection, which is a bit wiggly in the socket at the computer end.

Last gig, I moved computer and had audio glitch out presumably due to the wiggling of the connection.

I assume chroma cables USB A end would be a better fit, but considering going to USB C.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Options

Not having to plug it in three times in a row... :)