No Sound In Logic .. prior to selecting as plugin everything fine

Tim Pratt
Tim Pratt Member Posts: 11 Member

sorry, am new to this and am probably making some rookie mistake but hopefully someone can set me straight on what I'm doing wrong.

I bought a new Mac Studio earlier this year and was waiting fro Maschine to be able to run native on the new system before attempting to do serious recording with it (I have yet to learn the basics)

anyways I have Maschine software installed and running and Maschine mk3 up and running and is routed to audio interface via usb and midi cables. I can hear the audio fine through my headphones.

I will start up logic and create new project and can still hear Maschine if I play a sound. the problem is when I attempt to use Maschine thru logic as plugin. after selecting it as AU plugin all sound disappears, even though if I hit a sound on Maschine you can see the level meter in logic move as though it is receiving the signal, yet no audio through headphones! I really don't understand what I am missing. I checking cables and settings in both Maschine software and logic, checked track input and output and on my system sounds settings but still no luck... anyone have a clue?

any help is appreciated and I thank you in advance!

Tim

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,283 Expert
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Is logic set up to use the same audio interface? Is the problem only with Maschine? Can you ear in your headphones any other sound from logic?

Once you use Maschine as a plugin inside a DAW, the audio settings must be done in the DAW

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Is logic set up to use the same audio interface? Is the problem only with Maschine? Can you ear in your headphones any other sound from logic?

Once you use Maschine as a plugin inside a DAW, the audio settings must be done in the DAW

• Tim Pratt
    Tim Pratt Member Posts: 11 Member

omg I just figured it out

Maschine was automatically selected as output device in logic settings

I set back to my audio interface and of course that fixed it.

thank you!

• LostInFoundation

You’re welcome