Why do I only have two stereo outputs for routing in Konakt 7?

Options
rwgood96@hotmail.com
rwgood96@hotmail.com Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I'm using Kontakt 7 in FL Studio on Mac. I'm trying to route drums out of Kontakt so I can mix them in my DAW but when I go to assign an output it's stereo channels I only have 2 channels for all the outputs. How do I get more? When I add more outputs I still only have two stereo channels for all the outputs. Pls help, Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

Edit: sorry this answer wasn’t correct. Check the one down

• rwgood96@hotmail.com
    Options

Okay, so how do I set it up so the outputs are set up for my DAW and not my interface.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

Follow these steps to add the outputs to Kontakt:

Push the + button in Outputs to open this menu and follow these settings (in Quantity I put 6, but you put how many outputs you need)

Once the Outputs are set, you open the instrument’s editing menu (wrench icon on top left) and in Group Editor tab you select a different st output for every sound

Then in your DAW you select the different st outputs for every audio track

• rwgood96@hotmail.com
    Options

So the issue isn't that I can't create outputs, the issue is that I only have 2 stereo channels for ALL of my outputs. I can only route outputs to the same 2 stereo channels 1 and 2. Im attaching a photo of my outputs, look at the channel numbers at the bottom. They all say "1/2" because I only have 2 stereo channels for all of the outputs instead of 2 for each output which would be "1/2 3/4" and so on. I need more stereo channels. And everyone else's says channels are named "Kt. st. 1" in the drop down box but mine say "St 1/2 (1)".

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Options

Your screenshot shows that the outputs FROM Kontakt to your DAW are listed above the fader (in the Kontakt Output Section shown) and the PHYSICAL outputs from your audio interface are 1/2 because you only have TWO HARDWARE outputs available, shown below the fader.

If you had an interface that had multiple hardware outs (1/2, 3/4, ADAT 5/6, 7/8 etc.) they would show as such.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Did you follow the steps I mentioned? If you do so (with also the “Ascending output assignment) it will automatically create 3/4, 5/6,… and they will be labeled as plugin outputs.

Try it

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@rwgood96@hotmail.com Sorry for jumping on the issue so late but we do have a Knowledge Base article for that: How to Route KONTAKT to Multiple Outputs in FL Studio

• lHorizonl
    lHorizonl Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

am I stupid? there is no wrench in Kontakt 7 anymore...at least I don't see it. can you tell my how I still get access to that menu?

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Even if I would like to stop helping NI with all the job I’m doing here (maybe if they would have to answer all the questions we answer here in their place they would have less time to think to wonderful ideas like putting KK MK1 EOL…) I still want to help users like you and not dump my frustration with the company on fellow users….therefore…:

the problem could be you are in minimize view (which doesn’t show all elements). Check it

• haysm
    haysm Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I had OP's problem where I followed the directions to make multiple outputs, but for whatever reason I would only have stereo 1|2, and 3|4, 5|6 etc would never be created, preventing me from adding separate new stereo outputs. (macOS 14.4.1, M1 processor, FL Studio 21 btw)

For me, the solution was to use the VST3 version of Kontakt 7 instead of the AU version (see my comment in this thread how I got that to work: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/27104/what-to-do-about-kontakt-7-error-in-fl-studio )

Using the VST3 version, I had no problem creating new outputs like the guide directs you ( https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209584549-How-to-Route-KONTAKT-to-Multiple-Outputs-in-FL-Studio )

• Hybrid Temple
    Hybrid Temple Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Is there a way to do all of this audio routing in Kontakt Player 7? The only thing I've found is an aux button with only some faders and you can't create any more outputs or change any settings. I'd rather use Player 7 than 6 but if there's no way to do the audio routing in 7, then I'll have to use 6 I guess. Thanks