Order still “in progress”.

Raztecmusic
Raztecmusic Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

It’s been days and still have no received a serial number. No response from support either. It has never taken this long before.

Best Answer

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @Raztecmusic

I can see that your support request was answered yesterday, and your order has also now been fulfilled. Thanks for your patience.

@LostInFoundation - what are you trying to achieve with answers like this? This constant negativity from you (it's all over most posts on the community) does not serve any purpose or help users. What is your aim here?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,283 Expert

They are too busy advertising what you can buy. Once you bought, you don’t interest them anymore

• Rich_NI
    Answer ✓

Hi @Raztecmusic

I can see that your support request was answered yesterday, and your order has also now been fulfilled. Thanks for your patience.

@LostInFoundation - what are you trying to achieve with answers like this? This constant negativity from you (it's all over most posts on the community) does not serve any purpose or help users. What is your aim here?

• LostInFoundation

First of all: I admit this one was a little bit free. 

But…I’m not trying to achieve anything. I’m just summing up what comes out from posts on the forum. Every day I answer to tenths of posts saying “Native Access doesn’t show/install the products I bought”, “I’m waiting for my products from days”, “This or that product has a bug and I can’t even use it”, “They are not answering my ticket from weeks” (and I literally mean tenths every day).

Usually I answer with a “support is slower these days cause they have a lot of tickets requests”. But it’s 3 months+ that this is the situation.

If you checked “most posts on the community”, you know that I do help users. A lot of them. This is my aim here. I’m here to help other users like me. Sometimes even expressing my opinion and making people who didn’t see all the threads I’ve seen aware that many others are in their same situation. Usually I try to find a solution for them or, as said before, try to explain them why it is getting so slow. But sometimes, a little bit frustrated, I admit I criticize how things are going now.

Then, if you want me to stop underline what the situation is now, just tell me. But be direct: “Native Instruments can make users wait weeks for support and release untested products that will cause them problems but you can’t state that this is the situation now”.

Or…you can accept some criticisms and maybe explain us why the situation is like this now. And come in the forum to answer to those questions, so people like me wouldn’t have to write anything. Or even better: solve the problems and not even making so many users have to complain about things not working how they should, so there would not even be so many requests for help to answer to.

• Rich_NI

Hi @LostInFoundation

If you checked “most posts on the community”, you know that I do help users. A lot of them. This is my aim here. I’m here to help other users like me. Sometimes even expressing my opinion and making people who didn’t see all the threads I’ve seen aware that many others are in their same situation. Usually I try to find a solution for them or, as said before, try to explain them why it is getting so slow. But sometimes, a little bit frustrated, I admit I criticize how things are going now.

I have a good overview of how much you help, and it is very much appreciated from our side. You are also rewarded for this via the rewards system as far as I am aware.

Then, if you want me to stop underline what the situation is now, just tell me. But be direct: “Native Instruments can make users wait weeks for support and release untested products that will cause them problems but you can’t state that this is the situation now”.

I can only comment on this from a Customer Care perspective - we are short staffed and have a truly massive influx of tickets. Support agents are working their absolute hardest to make sure that everyone's tickets are answered, but yes, there is a delay.

Or…you can accept some criticisms and maybe explain us why the situation is like this now. And come in the forum to answer to those questions, so people like me wouldn’t have to write anything. Or even better: solve the problems and not even making so many users have to complain about things not working how they should, so there would not even be so many requests for help to answer to.

Again, I can only comment from a Customer Care perspective - I try personally to make as much time as I can to answer Community posts, but I am also working full time as a Support Agent working on tickets. I can't get to everything here, as much as I wish that I could. Jeremy works here in the Community full time and also handles / moderates a large number of questions and discussions. Please keep in mind that the workload here is massive.

Also, please give a bit of credit where it is due - our main Native Access dev is very active in the community and is very transparent, and is reading a lot of feedback and taking it on board. We are really making an effort here.

Criticism in general is totally fine - we know that things are not perfect right now.

My request would be the manner in which you do it. Comments like your initial one on this post do not help anyone. They serve no purpose at all. If you want to criticise (which is totally your right), I would request that you at least do it in a constructive and respectful manner. You are one of the most active and visible users in the Community, it would be nice if you set a good example.

Thanks for your time for reading and understanding this. I hope that it might change the way that you approach things here in the community.

Cheers,

Rich

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023

I read it and I understood it. And appreciated the explanations.

I think we just made the same thing: out of frustration for not seeing these kind of problems being addressed I wrote something that, as I said, was a little bit free and not useful for the user. And in your first post to me, out of frustration for my accusation to your department, you wrote something that was a little bit free and not helpful for understanding too.

So I can perfectly empathize with you.

I will continue with my help for other users…and…also to criticize NI when needed.

On this point I want to explain something to you (and to anyone reading): if you read carefully my critics, you’ll see that I never (or rarely) address directly the workers. My critics are always directed at NI (or better…Soundwide) as a company. I have in different occasions underlined that probably things are not working how they should because the people working there are not put in the position to have the strengths to make their work at its best. Cutting personal and then asking the ones that remained to do more work is never an healthy situation. More than one time I used the word “underemployed” to make clear the problem resides in the ones asking to 10 people to make the work of 20. Every time I write to @Jeremy_NI (even in our DM), I always use the pronoun “they”, referring to NI, because when I say “NI don’t behave correctly” I mean the big heads taking the decisions, not the workers doing what they are told to do.

That said I must also say one thing (maybe not so pleasant…but…): you mentioned @Hayo_NI . It is no doubt the Native Access team is making an effort. But it’s also no doubt that the latest releases of NA are causing A LOT of troubles (which then fall on Support having a lot of requests and not being able to address them as they would, in a cascade effect). Probably the problem here falls under the same case: a bunch of people being asked to do the work more people should do. And being pressed to release things in a certain time schedule. But…if the program is not ready and not properly tested, is a worker due to tell the big heads “we CAN’T release something in this state”. And to make them understand that releasing problematic programs (specially in the case of NA from which ALL the NI ecosystem depends) will only cause that cascade effect. You can make as many as good instruments you want, but if people experience will be that they can’t even install it, authorize it or that they will not work as expected, in the long run the effect will be negative. Yes…you cashed in some money immediately…but a company prestige is what makes you earn for a long time, while being “the company that doesn’t work good” will make you fail with the loose change in your pocket instead of having built a dynasty (like NI was doing before)

It is more than clear that with the introduction of new capitals in the company the situation changed. As the focus changed. NI moved from the company aiming to be “the future of sound” (innovating, experimenting,…) to a company that points on releasing a lot of Expansions and new instruments (of the same kind, just with a different flavor in sounds), things that are more clearly associable to a cash revenue than the will to offer something new/different. Perfectly understandable, being NI a commercial company, not some kind of philanthropic entity aiming to the goodness of the musicians humanity. But what THEY (yes…the big heads up there, not the workers) seem to not have understood is what made NI become one of the industry leaders in previous years and made their rivals have to catch up with them. Now that the rivals understood the lesson and started to work on offering new things and resurpassed NI, THEY decided that having immediate money revenues is the way to go. And for doing it they even cut personal, making the company weaker. But if there is something I learned in my life, is that to obtain something you have to invest something, not cut on what you already have.

To resume: yes, I move critics to NI (as a company), but I hope none of them will be taken as personal. The only critic I can move to the employees is not telling to the big heads that they are taking a wrong road. But I do understand it is not easy to be brave enough to do it.

Sorry for the long post, but it’s important to me to be clear that I’m not against the workers, but more against the system (I’m a Rasta…we always had troubles accepting “The System” 😂)

Edit: yes, probably your post will change a little bit the way I approach things (even only to show you that interacting a little bit more with users instead of making them feel ignored brings results). And anyway I think I never been disrespectful or used bad manners. Hard hitting sometimes? Yes. But always polite (I hope)