routing ableton w/push into a live input traktor deck w/ S4mk2

Mindfunck
Mindfunck Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hello

I would like to run ableton with a Push 1 into a live input deck on my S4MK2.

There’s a lot of info about syncing, which I have no problem doing, and some info about routing traktor through Live, but I simply want to have Live with it’s own fader and EQ on my S4. I have two Focusrite interfaces and I’ve tried sending Live’s audio into the RCA inputs and assigning it to a live input deck but there’s no audio signal there. I’ve tried both interfaces and I know there’s audio coming out of Live through the interfaces because I can plug them directly into my speakers and hear it, but Traktor isn’t recognizing it.

Is there something I’m missing here? Tried playing with all the settings in both programs with no luck.

I’ve done it before with Traktor 2 and it worked easily.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Mindfunck

I can set the S4 as the output source in Live but there’s no way to control the volume except with Live’s master fader

• Mindfunck

If I could do it all in the box with no interface that would be even better, but I’ll settle for the simple route with cables if it’s going to be less cpu intensive

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,330 Expert

I’ve tried sending Live’s audio into the RCA inputs and assigning it to a live input deck but there’s no audio signal there.

Is it the s4 mk3? Did you press the EXT button?

Can you show us the audio input routing setting?

Are you on mac? If so did you try this? https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000471958-macOS-Dialog-App-Name-would-like-to-access-the-microphone-

• Mindfunck

It’s an S4 mk2, mac osx 12.6, Ableton Live 10. Push 1. Traktor 3.80. Focusrite scarlett 18i8 interface. Also have a little scarlett solo and that doesn’t either.

I removed the push from the equation just to simplify it but it didn’t make any difference.

Also tried enabling microphone access for traktor.

I could also be ok with routing each traktor deck into its own channel in ableton. It’s just that I like having a simple fader and EQ for everything coming from ableton.

I’ve tried both sets of RCA ins on the S4 coming from the main outs on the interface and tried setting both C and D decks as live inputs and still no signal. If I plug my speakers directly into the interface there’s clearly audio coming from ableton but Traktor isn’t recognizing it.

It’s weird because it was very easy before when I was using traktor 2 and an older macbook pro.

I might try a different audio source if I can find one with line outputs.

I do a weekly show on Alaska public radio using my S4 so I guess I can try using a turntable or something when I’m there.

All the info I can find recommends a third party software called jack osx so I tried installing it and it went through the installation but it won’t open and the containing folder is empty.

Id really rather not have to use dodgy third party software if a simple pair of cables will do the job.

Screenshots of my preferences in traktor and live are attached.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,330 Expert

Looks correct to me :/

• Mindfunck

yeah me too. it's a mystery.

I have an older macbook with traktor 3.6 and I'm going to try using that to see if it's software related.

I'll report back later today.

• Mindfunck

Tried the older laptop and that didn't work either.

I bought loopback from Rogue Amoeba in a fit of frustration last night but I’m finding it a bit complicated.

I havent had time to really dig into it yet though so maybe it’ll work.

If anyone has experience with routing audio between live an traktor with loopback please give me a clue.

thanks