Am I missing something, or is the only way to load NI expansion sampler instruments done manually?

d23
d23 Member Posts: 15 Newcomer

Consider something like the "VCR Keys" instrument in the "Faded Reels" expansion. Searching for "Faded Reels" in both Komplete Kontrol as well as Maschine 2 doesn't show this instrument. Searching for the instrument name directly ("VCR Keys") doesn't work either.

It seems like the only way to actually load this instrument is to either browse directly to the Maschine 2 file on disk and double click on it, or drag and drop it into an existing Machine 2 plugin instance.

Am I missing something? There's gotta be a better way to organize and find the instruments in these expansions, right?

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,250 Expert
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

In Maschine you have to go under All Sounds, click on the All Sounds “banner” and select Faded Real (or any other expansion) and you’ll find the instruments there

In Komplete Kontrol the only “similar” thing is under the All One-shots, then Faded Real and you’ll find the sampled notes there

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

In Maschine you have to go under All Sounds, click on the All Sounds “banner” and select Faded Real (or any other expansion) and you’ll find the instruments there

In Komplete Kontrol the only “similar” thing is under the All One-shots, then Faded Real and you’ll find the sampled notes there

• d23
    d23 Member Posts: 15 Newcomer

Thanks, yeah I saw the sampled notes, but obviously that would still require manually building the sampler.

I double checked, and you're right that the instruments are showing up under "All Sounds". Not sure why it's not under the actual instruments tab, but thanks either way!

• LostInFoundation

You’re welcome