December leaderboard & prizes

Options

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

That is very true, sometimes (usually newcomers) they do not even bother to respond in their own post.... However, let the admins do some work! 😁 They can click the accepted answer button, after some days with no respond from the user.

NKS is a different story (for me). I do all this work for me first, so i would do it anyway. After that i can happily share with others, it doesn't cost me anything.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

In this case it’s my job. So getting payed for it makes me less “honorable” 😂😂😂

• LostInFoundation
    Options

+1 for sharing your NKS! 🙏🏼

(and you don’t even get payed for it 😂😂😂)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,762 mod
    Options

Yes me too - and to fill in gaps created by developers and NI not keeping up with user needs

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,681 mod
    Options

There should absolutely be no reward system if it doen not solve all problems. If company (people in charge) feel like they owe you something for the work you are doing wor them (yes, you are doing actual job for this company) then they should reach out to you privately like a gentleman.

All this forum need is a couple of trye experts to run it, and rewards system won't attract new users to forum. Software issues are the reason users come here.

Also, Admins are not experts, they do not know if all answers are true and there seems to be a gap in between the support and them.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Announcing our top contributors for June 2023 - Congrats 🏆

See the winners and changes to the rules here. All three winners (LostInFoundation, Kymeia and Sunborn), please DM me your preferred currency for the voucher. You can choose between USD, EUR, CHF, AUD, CAD and GBP.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

@Monochrome

I think there should be a rule of sorts in place to make it a bit fairer for everyone. Maybe make it so that if a user wins in <month xyz>, he/she will be excluded from winning for the next month. Otherwise, it will (possibly) always be the same people, so... where's the point in even caring.

As great as the whole idea of the rewards system is, it certainly has its flaws.

I agree, it might be modified in some way. Maybe not that who wins one month cannot win next one. But maybe after two, three rewards there might be one month's "holiday".

I have been sort of "embarassed" to be between first three for months. I even sometimes wrote less just to leave space for others....

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 208 Advisor
    Options

It's just for fun isn't it. How about a random draw each month so that whatever the case, you just might be the wild card entry in the chart!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

@Stevan

There should absolutely be no reward system if it doen not solve all problems. If company (people in charge) feel like they owe you something for the work you are doing wor them (yes, you are doing actual job for this company) then they should reach out to you privately like a gentleman.

It did work like that in past. I have received a "check" privately. NI has decided to make it more transparent. Why not? It is more like a game. Only a fool would make it just because of money.

@Sunborn

However, let the admins do some work! 😁 They can click the accepted answer button, after some days with no respond from the user.

In my experience, admins do the work. I get quite often accepted answer, that is accepted by NI person. I guess that they wait few days and if OP does not mark any answer, they do it.

• LostInFoundation
    edited July 2023
    Options

Good decision on the changes. Accepted answers, likes and insightful are more than enough and removing the first answer points will avoid the run to answering unanswered questions (even with wrong answers and not knowing the subject) just to score points.

Just asking a clarification: the reports will remove points only if validated by moderators? Because someone here loves the “report for nothing game”. As an example, I have 4 reports: one that I accept (because it was my fault answering someone too aggressively), 3 that comes from people that after repeatedly insulting me or menacing me decided that reporting me was even funnier.

I ask just to make you aware of the situation, since in any case I’m not even participating to the leaderboard anymore

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    Options

@Sunborn

However, let the admins do some work! 😁 They can click the accepted answer button, after some days with no respond from the user.

Yes mods and admins (me included) do our best to go through questions every day and select the best answer.

• Sunborn
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,762 mod
    Options

I’m taking a voluntary holiday this month anyway - I am actually on holiday and won’t be able to post as much

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,603 Expert
    Options

Tip for those that wanna top the board, just post a comment (or even 3 or 4) in every single thread, even a broken clock is right 2 times a day.

• Sunborn
    Options

Thankfully the above tip, does not apply anymore, according to the new rules. A change that i, first suggested, one month ago, on this comment... :-)

This change will result in less comments (and more thoughtful ones). As you can see, there are already 12 unanswered questions, i don't recall such big number since long time. However it is nice and polite to give people some answers, even if they are generic, instead of let them feel ignored. 🙏