Collectors edition

Options
JamieA
JamieA Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I want to either update from Komplete 12 Ultimate to Komplete 14 Ultimate for 200 or Upgrade to Komplete 14 Collectors Edition for 300. The only issue is the upgrade paths going forward. For example, I can update to 14 Ultimate if I own all the way back to Komplete Ult 8 - 13 (6 versions), however with the Collectors edition , I can only update if I own back to Komplete 12 - 13 Collectors. (2 Versions)

My question is, is this because the collectors edition was only introduced with version 12, or will they only allow you to update if you own the 2 versions prior when it comes to the collectors edition going forward. Like if Komplete 16 was released, and I could only update if I owned 14 or 15, and so on.

I just don't want to be forced to update every 2 versions if it means going up to the collectors. If they release a version every 2 years, it means that on the Ultimate path I can safely upgrade every 10-12 years if I chose to, Instead of 4 with the collectors. Hopefully its just because its new and will be the same as ultimate.

Thanks to anyone that can clarify!

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

First CE version is 12, that is the reason, why just 12-14, there is no K11U CE, or older....

If NI will not change its upgrade rules, you will be able to update from K14U CE even in 10 years...

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    Options

Hello,

as far as I know you can upgrade from almost all versions (from select on) but then had to pay more to ce.

You don't have to update every 2 years or versions, you can also buy single stuff in between if you really want it, sell the single stuff 5 years later and buy then ce to newest ce. For example you have now ce 14 and in 2 years comes a cello you want but don't want to update to ce 15. I made this back a while with reaktor for example, i sold it and made an update from komplete 9 to 11 or something like that.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

First CE version is 12, that is the reason, why just 12-14, there is no K11U CE, or older....

If NI will not change its upgrade rules, you will be able to update from K14U CE even in 10 years...

• JamieA
    JamieA Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks guys! Appreciate both of your help. Kubrak thanks for clarifying that, I thought that would be the case, just wanted to make sure!