Anyone running the latest Maschine version (2.17) on Catalina?

coolout
coolout Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Maschine

I just upgraded to Komplete 14. I noticed some of the stuff installed by Native Access is past the last supported version listed on the compatability chart from NI, particularly Maschine, Reaktor 6, and the Komplete Kontrol software. Maschine seems to be working ok. What should I expect? Should I be worried? Is this one of those..."it might work, it might not, but NI won't help unless you upgrade your OS first" situations?

btw- Unfortunately I'm stuck on Catalina due to UAD not supporting their firewire hardware with newer Mac OS.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,606 mod
    Answer ✓

@coolout Well, the latest updates have not been tested on 10.15, only on OS X 11, 12 and 13. That doesn't mean it will not work on 10.15, for this reason the Maschine team allows the installation, until something really breaks, gets reported. So, it's not officially supported. You should keep track of the version where everything is still working for you, this way we'll be able to provide that version for your system in case you need it. I hope that it answers your question and concerns.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,606 mod
    Answer ✓

@coolout Well, the latest updates have not been tested on 10.15, only on OS X 11, 12 and 13. That doesn't mean it will not work on 10.15, for this reason the Maschine team allows the installation, until something really breaks, gets reported. So, it's not officially supported. You should keep track of the version where everything is still working for you, this way we'll be able to provide that version for your system in case you need it. I hope that it answers your question and concerns.

• coolout
    coolout Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI Thanks so much! You guys are the best.