Playhead position first note problem Komplete Kontrol track on Logic

Andrea Spaggiari
Andrea Spaggiari Member Posts: 54 Member
edited July 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Good evening,

After various tests I can confirm with certainty that on Logic all the instruments and sounds using komplete kontrol on the tracks have problems starting the first bar. If you use the same tools via kontakt 7 they give no problems and start perfectly.

I have seen many users proposing to leave after a beat of the metronome but it doesn't seem like a solution to me but more like a patch. Also because listening to Logic you can already hear the problem as if it were a minimal initial sound then nothing. I ask that the matter be clarified to resolve because it is truly nonsense. Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,592 Expert

Obviously it’s a bug of some kind, take a ticket and join the queue in waiting for a resolution, I have 2 confirmed bugs affecting Ableton open since December of last year so if you can find a workaround then use it because with NI, you may be waiting a loooooooong time for a fix.

• Andrea Spaggiari

@JesterMgee Thanks for the reply but I will try to stay optimistic and hopeful 😅

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,592 Expert

Yeah, let us know how you feel about that after years and years of waiting on the same things to be fixed.

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

I used to find this irritating too, depending on the instrument.

Logic Pro X (and Cubase + others) have negative bars available on the timeline. Start play at bar -1 and the notes that play at bar zero work perfectly every time. YMMV.

• Andrea Spaggiari
    edited May 2023

@Brad Yost it's the same thing as doing what I wrote, starting a bar later and it's more or less the same thing.

It doesn't solve it because you still have to wait for a musical beat.

I want it to start immediately on the first musical beat.

Thanks anyway for your interest in solving 😉

• Andrea Spaggiari
    edited May 2023

@Brad Yost excuse me I meant "I want it to start immediately on the first musical beat" sorry for the translation

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,665 mod
    edited May 2023

@Andrea Spaggiari So this is happening in Logic when in arm mode, what about when in Rosetta mode? Can you post a screenshot of your Logic preferences (audio & general)? Can you also zip a small project where you can reproduce the issue and post it here so we can try & reproduce the issue?

• Andrea Spaggiari

@Jeremy_NI HI, my specs: M1 studio, Logic no Rosetta mode. Attached is a small project with an audio file inside the bounce where you can hear the problem. I await your info, Thank you

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2023

Hey Andrea, I've contacted you by email regarding this issue. A few users seem to encounter the same issue and we need to investigate.

• Andrea Spaggiari

@Jeremy_NI Thank you for taking an interest in the common problem. I saw the email but all that procedure using your tool and sending you the email with the log inside had given me problems in the past because it couldn't send you the email seeing it as a virus or something similar. so I'm glad you made the ticket but more than sending you that example I can't give you anything else. I look forward to a resolution from you. Thank you

• Jeremy_NI

@Andrea Spaggiari I understand, it would be super useful to get the support tool for us to identify the common traits of affected systems, maybe you could try to send the files with myairbridge? If it doesn't work out just send us the project.

• Andrea Spaggiari

@Jeremy_NI I'm sorry but I have already attached the project to the previous post: "Problem_Komplete.zip". What do you intend to pass the project on to you?

• Andrea Spaggiari

@Jeremy_NI I don't understand why I received an email saying that the problem has been solved. This is absolutely false. I'm not satisfied because in the community I have attached a project to expose the problem and I also explained the reason why I don't use your tool. And the problem has not been solved at all. If you tell me that you are working on solving it then ok but sending me an email saying that the problem has been solved is absolutely not true.

• Jeremy_NI

@Andrea Spaggiari I sent you an email on June 19th asking for the support tool. You didn't reply to that email. After 8 days without an answer from you, the ticket was automatically set to solved. We would need more info on your system in order to proceed. I have re-opened the ticket, please reply to the email so I can forwrad it to my colleagues.

• Andrea Spaggiari

@Jeremy_NI Hi, I replied to the email ticket

This discussion has been closed.