Load an AU instrument from the browser

hiteck30
hiteck30 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2023 in Maschine

Hello everyone,

I would need your experience to solve a small problem.

That's it, I would like from the instruments browser, to load for example the FM8 in Audio Unit, but this one only load in VST.

If I right-click from the drop down menu I of course have the choice between VST and AU but I would prefer the AU to load from the browser.

Do you know how this can be changed?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Yeah, that won’t work but if you create a NKS template for FM8 AU that will appear in the browser

Not sure why you would want to though - for a start you would have to remap the params, when it's already done with the VST versions

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

I’m not sure if this is gonna work (maybe the only solution is installing only the Au version), but try to check the “Use NI Audio Units” box in Preferences - Plug-ins

• hiteck30
    hiteck30 Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2023

I already try this, but that's not working.

And if i delete the VST file and leave only the AU in "audio/plugins" folder, the instrument couldn't load.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Yeah, that won’t work but if you create a NKS template for FM8 AU that will appear in the browser

Not sure why you would want to though - for a start you would have to remap the params, when it's already done with the VST versions