Maschine libraries (like Lilac Glare) and the use in Komplete Control and Logic X

JSparla
JSparla Member Posts: 5 Member

Sorry for being a nOOb,

but I can't work it out... I have been using the NI Komplete series for many years, and honestly was always only interested in the synths and didn't bother with the drums. With all the upgrades I bought in the past decennia, I noticed some expansions came along with them, like Lilac Glare for instance.

Today I dived into Battery, and noticed the Lilac Glare expansion showed up, as it did in Monark, and in Massive. In fact, I used the synth sounds before in Monark and Massive.

I also noticed that when browsing the Battery kits in Komplete Kontrol a nice demo tune is played. The demo tune seems to include both the drums and melodies produced by the Monark and/or Massive synths.

In a Youtube video I noticed that if you own the Maschine hardware, there is also a Maschine Komplete Kontrol plugin, and saw how people managed to have a set of (projects? patterns?) of these pre-programmed tunes imported in Maschine.

My question is: can I access these pre-programmed patterns in Komplete Kontrol, or in Logic X, in the same way as in Maschine?

Is there a Maschine software-only version to buy? Do I overlook something obvious? Or im a only allowed the bare sounds of the expansion and not the patterns/tunes that seem to come along with it?

Hope my explanations makes sense ;-) but again: I was only using the NI synths until now...

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Maschine is a program on its own, not a Komplete plugin.

Patterns (and projects, they are 2 different things….projects are composed by patterns) are a Maschine software exclusive, since they are built/recorded by the Maschine software.

Kits (to be played) are for Maschine and Battery

Loops and samples can be used in any DAW (and in Komplete Kontrol)

You can find all this informations about how an expansion is composed on the bottom of every expansion page in NI site:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Maschine is a program on its own, not a Komplete plugin.

Patterns (and projects, they are 2 different things….projects are composed by patterns) are a Maschine software exclusive, since they are built/recorded by the Maschine software.

Kits (to be played) are for Maschine and Battery

Loops and samples can be used in any DAW (and in Komplete Kontrol)

You can find all this informations about how an expansion is composed on the bottom of every expansion page in NI site:

• JSparla
    JSparla Member Posts: 5 Member

Thank you @LostInFoundation, very helpful!

I see the Machine software can only be obtained by buying the Machine hardware. :)