My Native Access Stuck On "Installing" on Action Strings 2, and others

gcnubian
gcnubian Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Hi there! I recently reset my entire computer due to systems files corruption and now I'm beginning the arduous and painstaking process of re-installing everything, as all drives had to be completely wiped. Normally, I can just boot up Native Access, "Install All," and then leave it alone and everything goes well. Unfortunately, that is not the case this time. My Native Access just gets "stuck" on installing products. It doesn't get stuck on ALL of them, but on the big ones, it just stops. I have no idea how to fix it, and nobody seems to be talking about this issue on Forums. My Content Library is just D:/ so there is not long file path issue. I'm not sure how to fix this and I'm kind of losing my mind, if I'm honest. I submitted a ticket with Native Instruments, but they're so backlogged with tickets that I'm waiting days for a response and I have an upcoming studio session. Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

• gcnubian
    Answer ✓

UPDATE:

I decided to completely permanently delete all the downloaded ISO files from the Public Documents folder and instead direct Native Access to create a new downloads folder inside one of the storage hard drives (in this case, the D:/ drive). So far it looks to have fixed the issue! YAY!

I'll be in touch if it seems like things are broken again, but for now, we can consider this "fixed." (knock on wood, please). ^_^

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

When something like this did happen to me (but it was with installation with single libraries, not all together) I discovered that if they were left long enough, once I closed NA the library was installed anyway. I’m not saying this will be your case, just sharing my experience with libraries stuck on “install”.

And it was with NA1, not the newest problematic versions

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod

Hi @gcnubian

Please quit / force quit Native Access and restart your computer.

Does the installer for Action Strings 2 still appear in your downloads location? If so, please try running the installer manually via that file.

Alternatively, please try installing the product via the following link: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fpzd7tTOzpKm5XUhEG3rJ6ZQnq817a8p/view?usp=share_link

Finally, relaunch Native Access so that it can correctly authorise. 

If the issue persists, please let us know. 

• gcnubian

Hi there,

Thank you for the suggestions! It's nice to not feel alone. :-)

I tried to install the Action Strings directly from ISO file in the Public Downloads folder. Unfortunately, a series of errors occurred in the order below:

As you can see, even though the program thinks that it finished the installation, Native Access goes back to being "stuck" trying to install it.

Thank you for continuing to help! I'm so stumped!

• gcnubian
    Answer ✓

UPDATE:

I decided to completely permanently delete all the downloaded ISO files from the Public Documents folder and instead direct Native Access to create a new downloads folder inside one of the storage hard drives (in this case, the D:/ drive). So far it looks to have fixed the issue! YAY!

I'll be in touch if it seems like things are broken again, but for now, we can consider this "fixed." (knock on wood, please). ^_^

• jalisco
    jalisco Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Did you direct your content folder to that same storage drive ?

i am having the exact same issue as you, even when i try to load it manually it gets stuck on the exact same file as your issue