Old projects that I reaaaally need to load in Kontakt 5 are now running in Demo Mode on a M1 Mac.

Christophski
Christophski Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Native Access

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to Kontakt 7 on my M1 MacBook Pro in Monterey, and now any old project I load runs Kontakt 5 in Demo Mode. I have a lot of older projects that can (and at some point will) need reworking at any moment upon a clients request, and the only workaround I've found is to speedily re-open in Kontakt 7 and load all the instruments again. Not ideal when I am running 100+ tracks using Kontakt in an orchestral template.

I have tried reinstalling Kontakt 5, deleting it and reinstalling it but to no avail.

Not sure if Kontakt 5 can't run on the new M1's, or if I need to revert to an older version of Native Access? I'd uninstall Kontakt 7 but I already have a bunch of projects that use Kontakt 7. Unless I could run them in Kontakt 6?

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

There is some kind of problem on Mac using latest (or few latests) version of Native Access and older versions of programs. The programs run in Demo. I am not Mac user, but search this forum, it is discussed recently and there probably will be also solution....

• Nightcrawler
    Nightcrawler Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm having the same problem on my mac studio m1 max and the solution of the link didn't work :(

• Christophski
    Christophski Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

NI support unfortunately couldn't solve the issue as they don't offer support for the workaround. I ended up contacting Yellow Technology (Uk company) who solved the problem.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod

To those still effected, please ensure that you are also carrying out the "workaround" steps if the initial steps don't work:

1. Download and install Native Access 3.2.3. When prompted during the installation, select Replace:

2. Start Native Access and click the Refresh button in the upper right:

Now, your affected products stay activated and Native Access won't update itself.

• Chartreuse
    Chartreuse Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2023

What did they do that solved the problem? I'm totally screwed with my paying work (ongoing old projects with K5, plus the need to be able to work on old projects to begin with) because of this. The fix on this thread doesn't work here, either. Really upset.

• TMA
    TMA Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I too am stuck. Longtime user since NI7 and upgraded my Mac to M1 Max with Ventura and now MANY NI programs are in DEMO mode. I too have tried the workaround only to constantly have problems.

NI you need to fix this.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

Then, if the solutions provided in this post did not help, feel free to contact our dediavted support agents here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install