Old projects that I reaaaally need to load in Kontakt 5 are now running in Demo Mode on a M1 Mac.

Christophski
Christophski Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 3 in Native Access

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to Kontakt 7 on my M1 MacBook Pro in Monterey, and now any old project I load runs Kontakt 5 in Demo Mode. I have a lot of older projects that can (and at some point will) need reworking at any moment upon a clients request, and the only workaround I've found is to speedily re-open in Kontakt 7 and load all the instruments again. Not ideal when I am running 100+ tracks using Kontakt in an orchestral template.

I have tried reinstalling Kontakt 5, deleting it and reinstalling it but to no avail.

Not sure if Kontakt 5 can't run on the new M1's, or if I need to revert to an older version of Native Access? I'd uninstall Kontakt 7 but I already have a bunch of projects that use Kontakt 7. Unless I could run them in Kontakt 6?

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,128 Expert

There is some kind of problem on Mac using latest (or few latests) version of Native Access and older versions of programs. The programs run in Demo. I am not Mac user, but search this forum, it is discussed recently and there probably will be also solution....

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 5,427 mod
    Answer ✓
  • Nightcrawler
    Nightcrawler Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm having the same problem on my mac studio m1 max and the solution of the link didn't work :(

• Christophski
    Christophski Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

NI support unfortunately couldn't solve the issue as they don't offer support for the workaround. I ended up contacting Yellow Technology (Uk company) who solved the problem.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 108 mod

To those still effected, please ensure that you are also carrying out the "workaround" steps if the initial steps don't work:

1. Download and install Native Access 3.2.3. When prompted during the installation, select Replace:

2. Start Native Access and click the Refresh button in the upper right:

Now, your affected products stay activated and Native Access won't update itself.