Volume on Noire

UdoBehm
UdoBehm Member Posts: 73 Member
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

Good day

One Question to Noire. Will you ever adapt the volume of the Kontakt samples so that they roughly have the same loudness than all your other instruments?

Noire always opens up very quiet and I always need to turn the volume up in order I can hear it kind of as loud as any of your other instruments/patches...

Would like you to improve this...

Thanks

Udo

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,265 Expert
    edited April 2023

Even if Noire is by design a quieter and more intimate instrument, I second the request. Some NI instrument are not perfectly balanced (talking about loudness) in relation to others from the vaste NI catalogue. And in these cases we have to apply some mixing (which, to be fair must be done in every camp of music, being the different instruments…different…try to play an moutharp on top of a metal guitarist 😂)

• airbish
    airbish Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same issue. I have noticed the volume differences in other instruments as well but not to the extent as on Noire. I know it is intended to be a 'quieter and more intimate instrument' (what support said to me as well when I first raised the issue couple years ago). It is and it's lovely...one of my favorite NI instruments. But my point is the the 'preview' is at what seems like the right level. It's just when you actually load it that it gets much quieter. So either the preview volume is off or the loaded instrument volume is off. Nothing to do with velocity curves or anything like that (as was also suggested. I am using an S88 mk2 at default settings). Would be a much easier if the loaded volume was same as preview (or at least louder) and then can dial it down as necessary. Not a huge deal I guess but glad (I guess) to hear I'm not only one raising it. Now I just need to re-grease all these keys so the action isn't louder than the instrument. Hoping the Mk3's are better in that regard.