Anybody know if the new Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 is coming to TP3?

Options

Answers

• Brandon_U-ATX
    Brandon_U-ATX Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

nachopenades, I think we are all glued to this thread! I wish I could contribute more on the mappings, ideas, and new configs here but it's outside my wheel house for sure. I just want to tell you great job keeping everyone updated and feedback. Keep up the great work, my friend.

• rider
    rider Member Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Great - thanks for the update...

When do you think it will be ready? Just asking if I should reserve some time during the weekend, because the week after I need the controller for my next gig

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 207 Pro
    Options

@Brandon_U-ATX Thank you for your kind words.

@rider This week for sure the first version will not be ready, the mapping will be done to be able to use the FLX10 with 2 computers at the same time, that means 8 decks to map. The work is going to be long. I have proposed to present a complete first version on April 1st, although if my time allows me, I will try to do it before.

• nachopenades
    Options

Sorry, I correct what I said before, it will only be necessary to map 4 decks, since the flx10 is prepared to use the same mapping in 2 computers at the same time, it's amazing how Pioneer dj makes mapping for Traktor easy.

• nachopenades
    Options

I took the day off from work ;D

16 hours of mapping have paid off. I "only" have the pads and the mixer effects left to launch the first version.

The forum rules do not allow sharing mappings of my website, out of respect for the moderators I will not publish anything else about this mapping. It's easy to find me. Greetings!

• rider
    edited March 6
    Options

Oh, awesome news. Thanks for the Update. Let us know as soon the rest has been completed

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 103 Advisor
    Options

I've been reading here for a while and I'm wondering why you accept so many disadvantages with a controller for €1,600 just to use it with a traktor?

- no more display function - actually one of THE new features of the FLX10

- no HID protocol for the jog wheels

- no real-time stems possible with Traktor

• rider
    Options

I´m working with Traktor since apprx. 15 years. I decided to change my setup from old Pioneer JM800 and CDJ400 to use a new controller. FLX10 is one of the best controller from Pioneer.

For sure, I could switch to Serato or RB... But why? I´ve tried those 2 software and I missed many things which I was using 15 years with Traktor.

• Display Function: nice to have - but I use anyway a laptop
    • Real time stems: Do I need steams really? Also only nice to have

At the end I like Traktor more than Serato or RB.

• nachopenades
    Options

Maybe you should ask your colleagues who choose to return to Traktor Pro from Pioneer DJ/RB, but there are many who decide to return to the NI software. But surely, the level of Traktor mapping will be decisive.

The initial mapping will be MIDI, without screens, but it is not ruled out that in the future a configuration with BOME for the screens may be developed.

HID is better, but I am trying the jogs with the midi setup and the experience is pleasant, it is not a limitation for professional performances.

In the next version of Traktor Pro, they have already announced Real-time Stems, in the meantime, I use third-party software to convert my collection, such as NUO Stems.

Greetings!

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 103 Advisor
    Options

I went away for many years and have since returned to Traktor.

I also had the FLX10 at home to test and wanted to build a midimapping.

I ultimately decided on S4MK3 because the compromises were too big for me. With the display mods and additional pad modes, the S4 is taken to the next level.

• nachopenades
    edited March 10
    Options

S4 is great, but all I can tell you is that I bought the FLX10 just to map it, and after trying it out with Traktor, I'm thinking about keeping it for my collection.

• nachopenades
    Options

Hello again! The mapping is now complete, I am doing tests, infographics, etc. There is less to go.

• Brandon_U-ATX
    Brandon_U-ATX Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 14
    Options

Nacho! You Legend! I'm so excited to hear about your mapping and how you feel about it. Especially the performance and overall feel this mapping + FLX10. I mean, I'm still using the DDJ-SX2 with a Traktor mapping and I have a blast doing a DJ set. It's just fun. I hope that this FLX-10 TP3 mapping is going to be a game changer. With the dedicated sound card/mixer effects, with all the rest of Traktor's colors' and effects, I think the mixing in TP3 with the FLX10 is going to be the absolute best of both worlds; a true game changer for so many DJ artists out there. Serato just doesn't have the advanced features of TP3; not even close. May God bless you!

• nachopenades
    edited March 20
    Options