Anybody know if the new Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 is coming to TP3?

Options

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,382 Expert
    Options

I would not expect any solution, unless it's made by the community.

I can't remember when NI made a mapping for a 3rd party controller.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,681 mod
    Options

Yeah they did not made a 3rd party controller mapping since original Traktor Pro days.

• rider
    rider Member Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I have not the knowledge for do that. Today there is another request in facebook forum regarding Traktor Pro and Pioneer FLX10.

Can somebody create this 3rd party mapping?

Maybe this can be used here as base:

h t t ps ://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/ 9279

• Brandon_U-ATX
    Brandon_U-ATX Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one still looking for the DJ Gods to bless us with this FLX10 / TP3 mapping. But at the same time, do we know anyone who is capable of doing a mapping for the community? If so, why don't we set up a GoFundMe for this individual to create one? I'm saying this because it would take quite a few hours / weeks to do this

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,382 Expert
    Options

Well @Stevan has a mapping service. Though I don't know if he done non-midi / BOME stuff. See his signature for contact information.

You can also ask the guy who made the DDJ-1000 mapping. @dj_estrela

• rider
    Options

Yeah, as I said many users are looking for a mapping / solution to still use Traktor Pro :)

I have no experience in those MIDI Mappings, but the good news:

Many functions are already working with the DDJ-1000 mapping. I´ve tested it already yesterday. Main issue which I found are:

• Stems
    • FX Section
    • Sampler

I reached out already to @dj_estrela .

If I have a wish for christmas open, I would wish to have a proper mapping file for Pioneer FLX10. I love to use Traktor Pro. I tried to use also RB and Serato but it have not those features which I used more than 15 years with Traktor.

My findings are:

• "Drums", "Vocal", "Inst" Button not working -> it´s mapped to Loop
    • Sound Colors FX Buttons completely not working
    • FX Part Select (Vocal, Drums, Inst) buttons not working
    • Beat FX not working
    • Sampler Button seems working, but should be config if I pressed a second time the button that the sample will stop. If I press again the sample start again
    • Tempofader seems like it has at the first time during using in a track a bigger delay
    • Sampler Cue Button is always on
    • Sampler needs to verified in general
    • Loop Button for Deck1 are not working... for Deck2 seems working
    • Display not working (but also currently not tested with BOME).

I haven´t checked all buttons in detail if it already works with the DDJ1000 mapping or not. I´ve tested it with Traktor Pro 2.11.

• vished
    vished Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Hey guys,

I´m also very interested in this mapping for a FLX10 ?

Any ideas when it will come?

Did you get a feedback from @dj_estrela ?

• Stevan
    Options

Just so it is clear. This controller is too expensive to just make a mapping for it.

If someone if willing to donate the controller then let me know. Otherwise, I won't be buying clontroller I will never use after making a TSI for it.

• rider
    Options

Pioneer provides a PDF regarding the mapping. So I guess you will be able also to do it without the controller

https://www.pioneerdj.com/-/media/pioneerdj/software-info/controller/ddj-flx10/ddj-flx10_midi_message_list_e1.pdf

• Stevan
    Options
  • Stevan
    Options

It means that Midi charts from Pioneer are not 100% accurate.

• vished
    vished Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Do you have an update here? Many users are asking already for a solution.

Did you got feedback from @dj_estrela ?

• dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
    Options

Sorry, I'm far too busy

• Brandon_U-ATX
    Brandon_U-ATX Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

DJ, Estrela, the man, the myth, the legend. Hope you are doing well. Love your work, brother. I use your mappings. Questions for you:

#1. How long has it taken you to do a 'good'/(not perfect) mapping of a Pioneer Controller to Traktor? I think the community needs to know how much work this is and how much time it generally takes someone to do this.

#2. If you had community support on this initiative, meaning compensation for your time doing a mapping such as this on the DDJ-FLX10, would you be open for the community to set up a GoFundMe effort on this work so that your time spent doing this would be compensated? Do you like that idea? I know this would be a huge undertaking to this but I hope others here reading this will support what I'm saying to you. It would be an epic mapping. We haven't seen a controller with a dedicated internal sound card like this. It's literally the perfect controller for Traktor users if we had a mapping. You say go, let me set up a GoFundMe page and start getting community members onboard and funded. What do you say?