Why can't I change the tuning setting on Factory Library 2?

novipurnama
novipurnama Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Kontakt

Hello,

I'm Novi from Indonesia. I purchased Kontakt 7 weeks ago, and installed it on M1 macbook pro.

Kontakt 7 include Factory Library 2.

I installed it via native access. There's tuning setting on it, but I can't change it to other tunings. I want to try to explore music with other tuning. Equal temperament is everywhere. That was one of the reasons I bought Kontakt 7, but now I still can't use it.

Any suggestions about my problem? what should I do to make it works?

Thx 🙏

Best Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,723 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

You get a limited but usable selection of alternate tunings if loaded into Komplete Kontrol and using the scales tool - they work with Kontakt

I have tried loading Kontakt into Entonal Studio but not had much luck getting it to load properly yet but I guess once it's more fully developed that might be an option (actually it does load Komplete Kontrol audio unit but it crashes the Kontakt and KK VST3) - just managed to load a Kontakt Balafon patch inside KK inside Entonal and played a number of different scales. Entonal is completely unlimited for tunings

https://entonal.studio/

• Kymeia
    Answer ✓

There is also a small selection of alternate tunings built into many of the Factory Library 2 instruments (although not as many as there is in Komplete Kontrol) but at least you are not bound to equal temperament

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@novipurnama Not all libraries can be edited, including the ones in Kontakt Factory Libary 2. Unfortunately the video shared by @LostInFoundation doesn't work for the KFL2. You need to see a wrench tool here to be able to edit a library:

@EvilDragon would you know any workaround?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Not really, no.

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

You get a limited but usable selection of alternate tunings if loaded into Komplete Kontrol and using the scales tool - they work with Kontakt

I have tried loading Kontakt into Entonal Studio but not had much luck getting it to load properly yet but I guess once it's more fully developed that might be an option (actually it does load Komplete Kontrol audio unit but it crashes the Kontakt and KK VST3) - just managed to load a Kontakt Balafon patch inside KK inside Entonal and played a number of different scales. Entonal is completely unlimited for tunings

https://entonal.studio/

• Kymeia
    Answer ✓

There is also a small selection of alternate tunings built into many of the Factory Library 2 instruments (although not as many as there is in Komplete Kontrol) but at least you are not bound to equal temperament

• Angus22
    Angus22 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Entonal Studio provides a workaround to retune polyphonic Kontakt instruments. It doesn't accommodate legato transitions in my experience, but it works well for keyboards, harps, tuned percussion, etc. Oddsound's MTS-ESP provides a workaround for monophonic Kontakt instruments.

• Kymeia

Yeah I mentioned that but Kontakt VST3 crashes Entonal Studio for me

• novipurnama
    novipurnama Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for all comments, I tried entonal studio, but it crashed when I tried to load Kontakt VST3. Any suggestions?