Guitar Rig Six Not Loading/Crashing Studio One Six

Options
Diverdjango
Diverdjango Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi, folks, desperate for some help. Trying to use NI’s Kontakt 7 Player & Guitar Rig Six in Studio I.6.1. When the DAW loads, the load screen says “Guitar Rig 6 failed to scan.” Or it says “Guitar Rig Six blocked.” If I try to launch Guitar Rig as a standalone app, it crashes immediately. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling, even resetting Studio One’s blocklist - same thing. It won’t load, or crashes.

Update: I deleted everything again, downloaded and tried to reinstall Guitar 6, and now when I click on the install package, it gets to the very end and says "failed to install." The app and its components are in their relevant folders, but they don't work. When i try to load Guitar Rig 6.3.0 as a standalone, it crashes, just as before.

Anyone have any ideas? I’m stumped. Maybe I should give up and use another guitar amp simulator.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

Edit: Ops…seen now you already mentioned Studio One’s Blacklist. So I will only ask how GR is stated in NA. Does it say installed or demo or locate…?

• Diverdjango
    Diverdjango Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi, thanks! Before the most recent install failure, it always said it was "installed." After I deleted all the files and restarted the computer (and then Native Access) it indicated it wasn't installed. So that all seemed to be correct.

Per my update above, now when I delete the app and its components, empty the trash, restart the Mac, re-download Guitar Rig, it gets to the end of the process and gives me a "failed to install" notice.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Try to check if in the folder you selected in NA for downloads there is some file remaining, maybe corrupted

• LostInFoundation
    Options

In any case, be aware that NA has some problems lately

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Hey there! First thing to check if Guitar rig crashes is this article: GUITAR RIG Crashes at Startup

For the failed to install issue, have you managed to fix it? You should check this first: Native Access Error Message: "Installation Failed" (Mac)