Do I get new products released after the Komplete 14 Collectors Edition bundle that I bought?

13»

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,284 Guru

Good refinement of the concept. Also, there could be a "catch up" payment a user could pay if they failed to start this monthly add-on at the beginning of version release. Based on a 2 year release schedule, and a $250 summer sale price on Komplete CE Upgrade, 24 monthly payments would be about $10 each. Depending on when a CE owner joined this add-on program, there would be an initial "catch up" payment to join this option to always be current with new content.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    edited April 2023

But, you cannot expect it would sum up to Sale price. ;-) The full price for Update would be more appropriate. Maybe even little bit more than that...

One would get everything instantly. No waiting for up to 2 3/4 years.... It has its value that has to be paid. Sale price would not be adequate for such a luxury.

• nightjar

Maybe somewhere in-between. This is actually an advantage for NI as much as user. They get future money far sooner and on a regular basis. The benefits are for all.

win/win

• Kubrak

But they will not get money for regular Bundle updates at full price. And sales for individual plugins. Two plugins may cost like discounted Update...

So, win-win is not that sure. NI would have to calculate it. My bet is, that it would have to be more than full price of Update to be finantially appealing to NI.

• nightjar
    edited April 2023

I think the opposite. I think NI would LOVE to have a bunch of regular payments established and reduce the financial/development/marketing stress factors of version releases.

• Kubrak

I am sure NI reads this thread carefully. So, if you are right, it will happen... Sooner than later.

IMHO, it is better for NI to get full price of updates right at release date. And fruity sales of full priced plugins at release date. ;-)

Mind that many people do not know anything about regular Sales and so on.... Only few understand all the pecularities of upgrading/updating schemes...

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor

When you say "not a realistic point," which market research are you basing this on?

It feels to me as if you're saying you wouldn't pay $199/month for all-of-NI, which, fair -- I also wouldn't! (For the reasons I stated.)

But I bet a lot of people who actually use and depend on these tools in anger, would, and if they can get that sweet, dependable subscription revenue coming in, there's zero reason they wouldn't go for it.

• nightjar

Research? A 2 minute look at competitive offerings is a clear indicator of where the market is.

For example, EastWest ComposerCloud costs $199... PER YEAR... a month is only $20. And that is for everything they offer and all new releases.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,252 Expert

The market now is based on hobbyists, not on professionals. And price that high are not affordable by hobbyists. If you make money with the music you make…maybe. But if you make it just for fun…no