MSGsaltsweet Member Posts: 7 Member

You can try this

1 Click the gear button at the end of the track

2 Privacy Status - convert your track into private

3 Settings - enable download

4 Save

5 Download your track

I can still download my tracks.

And it's because maybe many members are trying to download tracks at the same time around the world.

• Starmower
    Starmower Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks!

It seems it's not legal to download remixes. Produced tracks will download, though.

• denchk
    denchk Member Posts: 14 Member

Not the best and slow but working way is using SoundFlower or Blackhole. You can play track from the site and record it to your DAW via a virtual audio cable.

• PascalHP HSMR
    PascalHP HSMR Member Posts: 33 Member

Hello,

it is with regret to have to leave at the end of April (it is unfortunately not a fish) by force of circumstance my profile.

To tell the truth the challenges were more than interesting although I never really thought I would win one of the many prizes.

But it allowed me to evolve and give me a direction to progress musically, as well as to cherish the dream of having finalized a composition recognized by distinguished musicians.

In any case, thank you for the Metapop team for giving me the desire to go a little further in my musical research.

• gperroud
    gperroud Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

This is pretty sad and abrupt ! Surprising from NI who is usually smarter than this. Of course this platform is not cheap to run, but why not try to propose paid uploads ??? One more decision of a new manager or stupid shareholders ?

really don’t understand, that was a great showcase for NI.

NI ! Listen carefully ! Until now I was a recurrent customer, but I will definitely reconsider any future purchase from you ! Like I did for Waves..

• gperroud
    gperroud Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

yes, same for me, looks like german companies lost their mind during the last few months… this is definitely not a smart move, they could have asked for votes, ideas and money !

I joined the Sonic Lab discord platform and will search for other opportunities to post and share remixes, if I find something good I will share it here

• Shed Maa
    Shed Maa Member Posts: 68 Member

I use sounds.com a lot what makes you think its a failure

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

For example the fact they removed its functionality in Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.

If it is still healthy and full of new releases, I’m happy for the customers.

• Soonasound
    Soonasound Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

A sad news … the end of a great way to share and improve through the contest with the motivation and opportunity to get feedback and win real good prizes.

Thanks for all metapop community.

• Mike music
    Mike music Member Posts: 5 Member

Metapop actually introduce me to a whole new world called the music Community. I was very excited to release my tracks there as a beginner but I then recognized other Communities where I learned tools and interacted more because it was engaging and fun. I will always be a part of metapop and the whole NI Community for life. thanks

• Royal Tee
    Royal Tee Member Posts: 29 Member

Good times ..they were the best site for remixing as it wasn't a popularity contest for likes.

• Terraforming S. Inc.
    Terraforming S. Inc. Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

It's a great loss that metapop is closing. And it was a great experience with great musicians and their songs. I especially appreciated the respectful interaction. There were really great competitions there, so you could try really good and new things for yourself. Many thanks to you for the great years at Metapop. The hope is still there that Metapop will be reborn. I send the very best regards.

• Boone Walker
    Boone Walker Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Sad to see Metapop go. Not so much for the competitions but more so for the opportunity to listen to tracks from fellow musicians and receiving such useful feedback for my own creations. I've created a space on Facebook where we can continue to network. Please consider joining. Metapop Producers Group | Facebook

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 491 Pro

They also often give thanks to the Creator. Same reason, I believe. 🤫😁

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023

😂😂😂

You mean they are not really believers and it’s just another excuse? 😏

And you? Do you really “believe. 🤫😁” or it’s just an excuse?😏