R.I.P. Metapop

Options

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,287 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

Try right mouse button on download button

Or…does the blank page give some sign of “loading process bar”? Some download mechanism (e.g. for big PDF files) work like this: they open a blank page loading the content until it’s fully loaded and only then you can download it. But I don’t know if this is the case

• Dg_
    Dg_ Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I enjoyed the Metapop experience. It was a great way to try new things and get more exposure to NI products. Listening to other producers work on the same projects was very enlightening. ⚛️

• denchk
    denchk Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Press the "Edit Track" (mechanic wheel) icon, check "Enable Download" box and you're good to go.

• gary wortley
    gary wortley Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I'm devastated by this news. Metapop has been an amazing experience - the community of musicians and producers from literally the whole world. All of us together in a respectful, interactive, encouraging environment is something special - and is leaving a huge hole. For many, including me, metapop was a godsend during the worst of the pandemic - keeping my mental health in a good place. I've been on the edge of depression since reading the news - it's like a part of me is leaving.

The competitions were great, really pushed me to expand my skills and improve my techniques. I wasn't there expecting prizes, that was a nice extra. I think most of the community would still keep using the site without the prizes. It would be great to get some better feedback from NI as to why they've made this decision. It seems odd to have had the survey, then decide to close metapop. Can we get some more information as to the why please?

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

Download is fine: click on Download box then on .mp3 bluebox.

Hm, if you switch on page 2 it don't jumps to the beginning.

Myself don't found music I like.

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 76 Helper
    Options

Well this is rather sad after 7.5 yrs. And they're mostly suggesting the user base just come to the NI forums or check out a discord? I'm not sure what I would have expected instead but seems underwhelming - be nice if they suggested other similar communities or something since Splice Studio is shutting down too (or maybe already has).

• vime
    vime Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

ok, sad.. really sad. but why?

• Tigersharc
    Tigersharc Member Posts: 59 Helper
    Options

I saw the news when it was first posted on Metapop. I was checking when the next competition was going to happen and so forth. I was really disappointed when I saw the news. I was actually planning on posted songs that I was intending to use as an upcoming EP this year. I was looking forward to getting feedback ....... Once I saw the news the site was shutting down I just deleted all my songs on my profile and deleted my account...... I really liked Metapop better than posting to soundCloud...... I would rather have feedback from fellow musicians than potential followers and fans. I want to get better as a producer........ Maybe we as a community can convince NI to change their mind like the whole Waves incident. Just a thought..... Hopefully something is in the works to replace the site.....

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023
    Options

WOW!!!

I just received the Metapop email announcing their “departure”…

With a 49$ voucher to spend across the NI webshop!!!!

WHAT A WELCOME, KIND, MAGNIFIC SURPRISE!!!

Now I’m even more saddened by the closure of such a wonderful site/community 😢

• LostInFoundation
    Options

WOW!!!

I just received the Metapop email announcing their “departure”…

With a 49$ voucher to spend across the NI webshop!!!!

WHAT A WELCOME, KIND, MAGNIFIC SURPRISE!!!

Now I’m even more saddened by the closure of such a wonderful site/community 😢

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023
    Options

I thought to share it with you, in case you don’t see the email. A free gift is something not to be missed 😉

• Dexuality
    Dexuality Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited April 2023
    Options

Nice little touch to give the gift. Gutted Metaphor is going. Have met some amazing people there and worked with them also. Thanks NI for creating such a fruitful platform. Understand hard to continue.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Options

I'm going to miss metapop.

I don't post/share music - I make stuff for me. Metapop was one of the few places where I posted things publicly. Getting those "New like on your track by..." was always kind of amazing to me. lol. Someone liked the nonsense stuff I make?!?

I really enjoyed those weird "sonic laboratory" prompts. I realize there is an attempt to move this all to discord; though I wish it would move to soundcloud or audius or bandcamp or...

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Probably your “nonsense” has a sense for people who liked it.

Remember: you are not alone in this world 😉