Using Akkord, and LimeliteBig

flubotti
flubotti Member Posts: 22 Member

Am currently using Akkord, and LimeliteBig in a project which I have completed, and I am trying to render. The rendering parameters are "the entire project w/ a 4 sec. tail rendered to an mp4 format". When I playback the tracks, they all stop "play" simultaneously at the end of the project, and I get a nice fading tail from the Akkord, and Limelitebig. When I go to render, the Akkord, and Limelite don't respond to it being the end of the project, and they keep running through the 4 sec. tail until the rendering stops, leaving me with an awefully abrupt, and unwanted ending. How do I get these two instruments respond to/recognize the cue of "play to stop" during the rendering? I've set the "Limit of the Projects Length", used "Start & End" markers, "Time Selection", "Whole Project" settings. Those two instruments just blow right through it all. When I render the project without these two included, the rendering goes perfectly. Anybody experience anything similar? Thoughts?

Answers

  • Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,237 Expert

    Is LimeliteBig the version 1.3 or is there another one I don't know?

    Never heard about the attache Big to Limelite.

  • flubotti
    flubotti Member Posts: 22 Member

    Hi Paule,

    It's version 1.1 from the REAKTOR User Library, and Big is attached to it's name maybe because GUI is a bit oversized?

  • colB
    colB Member Posts: 632 Guru

    Sounds like a DAW issue, but you haven't said which DAW

    Have you checked forums for your DAW to see if it's a known issue, or something that requires the right settings?

    Does it work with other Reaktor ensembles, just not with these?

    Does it work fine with other VSTis?

  • Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,237 Expert
    edited April 11

    Myself uses audio clips only before rendering.

    You can ask Purple Eagle, it's his mod.

  • flubotti
    flubotti Member Posts: 22 Member

    Hey all, and thanks for responding,

    The DAW I use is REAPER.

    As far as it being an issue with the DAW, I rendered the project w/o using those two ensembles, and it rendered perfectly with all the usual settings. I did try converting the tracks to .wavs but then I lost the trailing tails of those two tracks which I really want to preserve. Haven't have any issues with other VSTis.

    As far as it working with other REAKTOR ensembles, this is my first attempt so I don't have any experience with trying torender any others. When I am just "playing back", at the end of the project all tracks stop "play", but this is not the case when rendering with these two ensembles included for some reason. Will follow up with PURPLE EAGLE, and so thanks for that lead, and I am checking in with the REAPER forum to see if anyone might be able to give me some guidance/ insight. What is the reason that these ensembles are created to only run from the cue of the space bar, and not a MIDI cue as an alternative? Please pardon my ignorance.

    Anyway, thanks again for your time. Best to ya!

  • Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,237 Expert

    Do you try the Limelite 1.3 from the factory library? Formaly known as Electronic Instruments 2, now non-commercial.

  • flubotti
    flubotti Member Posts: 22 Member

    Haven't yet Paule. I say that in your 1st question. Will do. Thanks much!

  • Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,237 Expert
    edited May 3

    EI1 and EI2 are part of the Factory Library since ages.

  • uksnowy
    uksnowy Member Posts: 13 Newcomer

    I use Reaktor with Reaper all the time. I find I need to sometimes 'freeze', in Reaper parlance, the Reaktor tracks. To preserve tails, one can set the end selection point to be x bars past where the Reaktor sound is set to finish. I can't speak for these particular ensembles but the afore mentioned procedure works for me.

Back To Top