GUITAR RIG 6, cannot save modifications in user preset

Nicklaus Rohrbach
Nicklaus Rohrbach Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi 👋

I'm using Guitar Rig 6 with Ableton Live 11 and I have the Following Problem :

When I edit one of my existing presets and save it, the modifications are not saved. When I load the preset again, all changes are lost. I need to "save as" a new preset to get the changes stored...

Has anyone encountered the same problem ?

Best Answer

• Nicklaus Rohrbach
    Answer ✓

But I just solved the case ;-)

The user presets I was working with were just imported from Guitar Rig 5 (they were user prestes in GR5)

And once I save them as new presets, they work normally.

So it's just a bug from GT6 who doesn't sees imported "user" presets as real user presets.

(N.B. the case is solved for standalone and Ableton, but the problem persists with Usine HH)

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

Is that a factory preset or a custom preset? I don't think you can save factory preset, you'll always need to save them as a new file.

• Nicklaus Rohrbach

No you can't edit factory presets indeed. But the problem I have is with my own user presets.

I've contacted NI customer services but no answer so far.

And I also have this kind of problem with another sequencer (Usine HollyHock 6).

• Nicklaus Rohrbach
    Answer ✓

But I just solved the case ;-)

The user presets I was working with were just imported from Guitar Rig 5 (they were user prestes in GR5)

And once I save them as new presets, they work normally.

So it's just a bug from GT6 who doesn't sees imported "user" presets as real user presets.

(N.B. the case is solved for standalone and Ableton, but the problem persists with Usine HH)