serial number you have tried to activate is not assigned to a product license

2»

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,252 Expert

Can definitely hear your frustration…

But I will also say “Resist! Once Maschine+ and Jam will be working, they are a damn good duo!”

Hope this will make you feel a little better 😉

• Cathax
    Cathax Member Posts: 6 Member

Oh I’m certainly excited to be up and running. It’s just a shame that there doesn’t seem to be any urgency whatsoever when it comes to Native Instruments fixing the problem. I’ve now been waiting 5 days without having heard anything from NI and other users have been waiting over a week without a solution.

• LostInFoundation

It seems many users here are happy with these behaviours (until the problem occurs to them), so probably NI is convinced it is ok to act like this. And not even step up just to say a simple “We are coming, just be patient. Sorry for the inconvenience”.

But…do we want to be positive? Let’s say this is a peculiar case, since the Eastern WE was just in the middle and so a little delay could be justified (I don’t know why, but I feel like I’m lying to myself 😂😂😂)

• Cathax

Native Instruments finally contacted me today to ask for my proof of purchase, which I've provided. There's literally nothing else they need in terms of serial numbers, account info, etc. so I'm hoping that they're able to get this resolved by tomorrow. They are 7 hours ahead of my timezone so I'll be staying up late tonight to hopefully receive their email as soon as they send it. I've had a little luck with them replying right back before as long as it's within a few minutes of when they sent the message. Otherwise, it's likely I'll get pushed down towards the bottom of what must be an enormous stack of support emails and may not hear from them for another 5 days.

You'd think that the Maschine+ customers that are completely unable to use their expensive paperweights would be a top priority for support staff but I guess that's simply not the case. If I was a first time Maschine user and wasn't already familiar with the interface and workflow, I'd have almost certainly returned it and wouldn't blame anyone else in that position for doing the same. It's almost difficult to believe how badly NI is still fumbling the ball more than two years since the Maschine+ release. However, reading the comments on Glassdoor about the NI work environment has shed some serious light on why the company treats its customers they way they do. Hopefully they can right the ship before it's too late and the company doesn't implode in the next few years. It would be a huge loss to see Native Instruments exit the music production software market and while, thankfully, at the moment they seem financially sound, I can't help but worry that the systemic issues plaguing the company culture might prove too burdensome in the long run. From the sound of things, they need to laser focus on the executives that can bring their vision to market, eliminate the ones responsible for so many cancelled projects/products, hire more programmers, and hire more support staff. With currently available employee numbers ranging from a low of approximately 425 to a high of over 600, it's patently ridiculous that any customer should have to wait more than 36 hours for a response.

All I can hope is for the right eyes to see this post and pray it has the desired effect of inspiring the changes that need to be made to return Native Instruments to their former glory.

P.S.... Hey BrianH260 and raythegreat, did either of you ever get up and running with your Maschine+'s?

• LostInFoundation

“staying up late tonight to hopefully receive their email” is not a good idea 😂😂😂

• Cathax

It definitely wasn't a good idea but it did end up being worth it! I was just about to give up around 4am when I got another email from NI and was able to have a quick back and forth with them. Thankfully, they finally have me up and running. Now to start the laborious process of tagging all my samples so I can find them the Maschine way. It would be great if NI at least gave users the option to browse a regular folder hierarchy more than two folders deep but apparently they've made it very clear that they won't be implementing anything of the sort. Oh well... I'm determined to adjust to it this time.

• BrianH260
    BrianH260 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Yes they finally contacted me on Tuesday and got me all fixed and up and running! Took over 2 weeks but I'm glad to be making music now

• Leoch101
    Leoch101 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Similar issue here.. it won't recognise my Native ID so I can't use the machine!

First time also to be so disappointed with NI

• waggles
    waggles Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

This just happened to me now and seeing all of you waiting forever to hear from NI is not giving me a ton of confidence.

• aquarat
    aquarat Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited December 2023

I’m having the same problem, new unit, received sealed. I filled in their support form and added a photo but the first reply I got from them implied that they hadn’t read anything I had written or looked at the photo. I’ll probably return the unit.

The new-user experience should be flawless and where there’s a failure they should be ready to assist at all hours (you sell internationally and you force users through this process). This registration issue is a known problem, yet hasn’t been fixed. If you can’t fix it, have a speedier route through support for fixing the issue.

• jt maher
    jt maher Member Posts: 80 Newcomer

If or when your Maschine plus becomes defective, just wait until you have to do an RMA lol. Whenever you buy anything from NI do it through Guitar Center, and get their 2 year pro warranty coverage. You wont have to deal with NI, and GC will replace/return it immediately. I have a feeling most people who have had to deal with these kind of problems learn the truth about NI, and stop buying from them after experiencing like this.

• FKEM.UP.CEZ
    FKEM.UP.CEZ Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Another one here having the same problem