User content unavailable

Options
Gyu
Gyu Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Since updating to 2.9 the user button no longer functions when I'm browsing for instruments.

This means I can't acces my third party preset e.g for Omnisphere.

I use Ableton but this also happens when using KK standalone

How can I fix this?

I'm on Mac os

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

I was not able to reproduce the issue, also with a M1 Mac, both in Rosetta and ARM mode. If you save a NI preset as User, is it also not showing? Do you hit any other button ? With 2.9 there was an issue reported when you hit the SHIFT button the browser stops working from the keyboard, you can check the existing thread: Komplete Kontrol 2.9 Browser stops working (hotfix is on the way)

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

A bit of a deep dive, but in this thread, Jester explains how to create a folder to get all of your third party libraries showing up in the Factory tab, as it was before the removal of Sounds.com folder support. Really worth doing if you can. As for the user library issue? I don't have a Scooby.

• Gyu
    Gyu Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks so much for the comment. This is my problem, I'm trying to use my Freesoundlabs nks files but the user button isn't working now.

I tried to do the deep dive but it didn't work...

Any tips?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,742 mod
    Options

I prefer to keep user content is user so it doesn’t get overwritten by factory updates. That being said I create a custom user folder rather than use the documents/Native Instruments/ user content one. This means it doesn’t get auto scanned at startup which speeds it up, and gives me more control over where stuff goes. Just add it as a custom path in settings/library/user then scan it in