Kontakt 7 multi output audio routing not recognizing into Ableton Live
I used to be able to route audio with no problems from GGD Drums out of Kontakt and into Ableton. However, for some odd reason this has stopped working. I may have installed something and now Ableton doesn’t even receive the audio in from Kontakt. I’ve tried every routing scenario I can think of and nothing works. Please refer to my video to see the issue: https://youtu.be/irBYqn64y7M
any help will be appreciated please, thanks!
I know nothing, but I'll throw this out there. I watched your video but can't remember. Did you try loading into an empty project? Any existing projects with other instances of Kontakt could cause confusion as the manual says.
Did you try it again with K6?1
I tried it with kontakt 6 previously as well, then I uninstalled it thinking it was interfering with the other installed Kontakt versions I had. I uninstalled all of it, then only installed kontakt 7 fresh. It still wasn’t working even before all of that.0
@BabaGhanoush I'm not sure what's wrong here but when I follow this article here: How to Route KONTAKT to Multiple Outputs in Ableton Live It works for me. You have to set up the outputs before loading any library, then open Kontakt again, load your drum library and assign the different parts to the available outputs. Not sure if it's the problem here but if I strictly follow the steps, it's working.
Also when having issues with Kontakt's outputs, it can be good to reset everything:
Reset KONTAKT's Output Section
Please close all audio applications before following these steps.
- Click on the Windows start button on the bottom left of your screen.
- Type "%localappdata%" and click on the option which appears.
- Navigate to the Native Instruments.
- Depending on the KONTAKT version you are using, delete the following folder:
- KONTAKT 5: "Kontakt 5"
- KONTAKT 6: "Kontakt"
- KONTAKT 7: "Kontakt 7"
- Rename the "default" folder to "default_OLD":
- Start the KONTAKT application in Standalone Mode (not as a plug-in in your DAW). This will reestablish the default output settings.
- If KONTAKT is now running correctly in standalone mode, close the application and try opening the plug-in version of KONTAKT from your DAW.
thanks for attempting to help. Unfortunately that didn't work. I tried both methods. When it comes to resetting the Kontakt Outputs, all I had was Kontakt 7, so I didn't delete it. I renamed the "default" folder to "default_OLD". When I Opened the standalone version, I did see that it updated some of the files and even created a new "default" folder, no dice. Any new help will be much appreciated at this point. Thank you in advance!0
- 10.6K All Categories
- 20 Welcome
- 442 Hangout
- 58 NI News
- 206 Tech Talks
- 1.1K Native Access
- 4.9K Komplete
- 614 Komplete General
- 1.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 1.8K Kontakt
- 483 Reaktor
- 153 Battery 4
- 268 Guitar Rig & FX
- 204 Massive X & Synths
- 211 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.2K Maschine
- 14 Sampling Room
- 2.6K Traktor
- 2.4K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators