Traktor S3 Mk2 Defaults to live input to all decks

Options
2»

Answers

• claudiuR
    claudiuR Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

@Sûlherokhh

I have the same issue. I have never dealt with QML before. Do I need a QML editor software of could I change it from notepad simply? windows doesn't what to open it with.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,758 mod
    Options

I use notepad++. Open the editor first, then open the file from inside the editor. Make a copy of the whole qml folder first and put it somewhere safe. If you modify the files, any syntax error will make Traktor crash, as with any programming language.

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Options

My apologies for the late reply - I have been out for several weeks due to a health issue and came back in just recently (all good again BTW : ).

Have you perhaps tried the QML solution posted above?

In regards to the high pitch of voices, I'd really need to hear an example and see your Traktor window, so please shoot a short video clip / screens recording and post it here. THX!

• nskcharles
    nskcharles Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Hi Mark,

Have not tried the QML yet, will post when I have a chance. Glad you're feeling better!

Charles

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Options

Thanks a lot - it hasn't been exactly a pleasure but now it's dealt with for good 🍀

Looking forward to hear what you'll be able to report, but no hurry!

• nskcharles
    edited May 2023
    Options

OK, I tried fiddling around with the qml so that the D deck would not start out in the Live state.

disclaimer: I am a professional programmer and willing to futz with code and deal with the consequences, you might not be!

The code mentioned here, S3Mixer.qml, defines what the ext button does, but does not activate it. In fact, I can delete the entire onPress definition and DJPro still starts up with the Live deck.

One thing I could do was change the defaultTypeForDeck(4) to be a Track deck instead of a Remix deck (in qml/CSI/Common/DeckHelpers.js), so I can at least switch it over with the Ext instead of having to use the mouse to manually switch the deck type.

tl;dr: the qml files are interesting for fiddling with how the UI works, but I don't think they set the state of deck D to Live.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,758 mod
    Options

It's good you are trying. I would but don't own an S3. 🦋

• nskcharles
    Options

omg Deck A is doing it now 😭

• nskcharles
    Options

I think I have the real fix for this: in the Input Routing section of Preferences, use the dropdowns to set input deck D to "not connected". Done.