Session Guitarist Electric Sunburst Deluxe - Need Help to Duplicate Settings from NI Promo

Soniclight
Soniclight Member Posts: 18 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete General

Version: Kontakt Komplete 13 Standard

DAW: Cubase 11/12

I'm hoping one of you here who is far more versed in NI and has this instrument can help me out. Then I can learn from it and create my own preset/s.

As described at the unlisted YouTube video I made for one of the product sample for this instruments, the track "Cool Play" (1:05 min. long) at the NI website's product page is the reason I upgraded to Deluxe.

I can get a bit lost in the N.I. GUI for I'm getting old (68) and my brain isn't as sharp or fast as it used to be, and while I tried to figure out what the settings of that track at the tail end of that promo product video, it was not possible.

So...

I contacted NI support asking if they could find out what the exact guitar and fx settings for that track were - not really expecting they could, but worth a shot.

I was right, but at least they tried, here is the response I got:

"We talked to the partner who created the library and demo. That is the demo song “Cool Play”, which can be heard without interruptions as one of our audio demos on the Sunburst Deluxe Product Page. Unfortunately, the creator of the audio demo doesn’t have the original Cubase project anymore to look up which FX were used."

It's a distorted guitar setting with some delay which is bumped up in a couple of places through what seems like track automation that has a sort of David Gilmour-ish vibe to it, like the lead on "Comfortably Numb".

Here is video I made from NI's "Cool Play". Link to the official NI product page is included in the description at YT. (If needed, you can loop it over there.)

ELECTRIC SUNBURST - "Cool Play" Product Sample Audio - 1:05 min.

Below is the original full promo video - "Cool Play" is featured from 3:38 min. on in the last part about the fx.

SESSION GUITARIST: ELECTRIC SUNBURST DELUXE Walkthrough | Native Instruments

I hope there are some sonic geniuses here to help out.

Ideally, if you can get really close to this sound, I'd appreciate being sent whatever NI format preset file so I could just pop it into my KK.

Thanks.

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

Try being original... why do you want to copy someone?

Lame!

• Soniclight
    edited March 2023

@Gee_Flat - If that's all you can say, keep your thoughts to yourself.

This forum is for serious musicians, not childish snark.

Besides, I always create my own presets - but it's good to learn from a baseline one, and then go from there.

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

This site is for serious musicians? You mean like the ones that can't actually play guitar? Just sayin man. It seems like a lot of trouble to actually contact support and ask them to find you the effect used in a demo.

😁

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

And by the way if you want to get "serious", David Gilmour didn't have any of those effects in 1979 when that record was made. I had the only effect he could have used. It was call an 'ECHOPLEX'.

• Soniclight
    edited March 2023

@Gee_Flat - You're rude. And I'm fully aware of Gilmour and his effects back then - I began listening to Floyd in 1969. I started playing guitar in 1971, probably long before you were born (or you're acting like a young person without manners). I'm now in my late 60s and disabled and there are certain things I can't do like I used to and I have no desire or need to explain that.

You don't want to help?

Then stop commenting here.

Thank you.

• Gee_Flat

I'm glad this discussion happened because I was inspired to do some reading. I completely forgot about the Roland Space Echo, which I used a few times in the studio around 1980.

It also reminded me of my first multi-effects unit made by Ibanez. The UE-405 which had 4 effects, including chorus and an analog delay. I sent that in stereo out to two Fender Princetons. That was in 1982. I was 22 and had been playing for 17 years. I think I was pretty 'serious'.

I'm not rude. Just a straight shooter. Always on the level.

• Soniclight
    edited March 2023

I could talk about what hardware fx I had too, but the OP is about an NI instrument and its settings, not memory lane or about you. It's a specific question seeking a specific answer. Hopefully someone else will be courteous enough to stay on-topic.

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

It's interesting, because the MANUAL says this...

"For greater sonic versatility, the included amp models do not include speaker models. Instead, you can freely combine each amp model with each virtual speaker cabinet. Therefore, to simulate a traditional guitar amplifier, make sure that an amp model is always followed by a virtual speaker cabinet in a separate effect slot. It is advisable to study some of the included presets for reference."

You only learn by digging in and applying your creative energy. Good luck !

• Soniclight

BUMP. I still welcome even something close to what is in that sample. The entire exchange above from the OP on down veered totally off-topic, and my mistake was to react and respond to the first reply. Live and learn.

Thank you.

• Gee_Flat

But I'm the only one that did reply, and I have a vast knowledge of this stuff. Also, my dad bought me a Sunburst Les Paul Deluxe when I was 16 (and like a goof, I sold it) ☹️

Here's a very good video you may enjoy, even though I don't think it covers the sound you're looking for...

• Soniclight
    edited March 2023

Well, finally something actually potentially useful. Unlike all the foregoing subtle to not so subtle lecturing/talking down* to a total stranger about his musicianship or lack thereof.

(*Perhaps I'm a bit more sensitive to such due to my experience as a forums and groups moderator and admin off and on from the 2000s on. 'Nuf said. I'll look into the linked walkthrough.)

• Gee_Flat

You're right... I say some stupid things sometimes. Anyway, I hope you got something out of that video.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

You're right... I say some stupid things

Something we can finally agree on.

• Soniclight
    edited March 2023

@JesterMgee - We all have our behavioral missteps at times. I certainly do in my own ways. So water under the bridge for me. :)

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Yeah except the dude is like this all the time to everyone, just likes to make waves because he’s got nothing better to do.