Transfer Traktor ID3 tags from track info

Hi. I have a number of files recorded from vinyl via Traktor, where I have filled in track info in the Traktor edit window for each track. I want to transfer the information populated in Traktor for the files to Apple Music so the don't just show up as the file name (which is the date stamp for the recording). I guess that the ID3 tags in tractor are a different format to Apple Music so can I convert the page/information to show?

Best Answer

• Mattavace
    Mattavace Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓

Issue resolved, converted the files to MP3 and saved all the metadata, all details now show up in Apple Music

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,334 Expert

I think in the traktor settings you can tell traktor to write metadata to files.

Also what format are the files? Not sure if traktor will write meta data to .wav files.

• Mattavace

I will check out the metadata option in settings. They are Wav files which might be part of the issue so could convert them.

• Mattavace

The metadata setting is set to write all tags, so will convert files and see if that helps.

• Mattavace
    Answer ✓

Issue resolved, converted the files to MP3 and saved all the metadata, all details now show up in Apple Music

• VOGNR
    VOGNR Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I'm encountering a similar issue. I downloaded music from Apple Music and they show up in Traktor, but when I try to add them to a deck I get the following error:

ID3-Tags are not supported for /Users/"user"/Music