A61 Logic transport problem

Options

Answers

• Pete from Bristol
    Pete from Bristol Member Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Hi!

Support sent me a short, apologetic email today with that suggestion. It hasn’t solved it here either!

i’m trying to remember if the problem started after a Logic update. I think it was okay at first!

if they find me a solution I’ll let you know. Please do the same!

Pete

• çakır
    çakır Member Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Hi Pete.

Sorry I did not realize this massage. I tried now "do nothing" option. But it seems it did not worked.

• çakır
    Options

I am now using trial version logic actually. I bought the full version in case the problem about trial version. But It didn't work in full version either. I refund the full version. I don't know if it is something about the updates.

I will let you know anything comes up.

Ahmet

• Pete from Bristol
    Options

Hi Ahmet,

I'm dealing with a nice chap in Support now and hopefully he can help.

I have noticed one thing when I was troubleshooting a project that was crashing Logic every time I opened it. I disabled Core Audio to get in to the project and when I did the transport controls worked fine.

I've tested this a few times and every time the transport controls come online. I've told the chap in Support. Maybe it's a clue. Give it a try! Hold down control key, open Logic from the menu and keep holding control key until it asks you if you want to disable core audio...

PETE

• çakır
    Options

Hi Pete

I have tried your suggestion. First 3 times it worked fine. But next 2 times transport controls did not work. Then it worked again. This cycle happened a couple times. So It is still unstable.

But thanks for the suggestion. Keep contact with the support team.

I guess they forgot me :(

Ahmet

• Pete from Bristol
    Options

I’m going to see if my Audio interface is causing the problem next. It’s a Tascam usb2x2, which is allegedly Monterey compatible, but maybe there’s a firmware update I’ve missed.

• Pete from Bristol
    Options

I just tried reinstalling the firmware on my Tascam interface. It hasn't helped and the transport controls failed even when I'd disconnected it and removed from Logic / Midi Studio. Disabling and then re-enabling Core Audio does seem to solve it reliably, but like you, only for the first few tries. It's beyond me, for sure, but hopefully it'll help the support guys. I'll let you know!

• çakır
    Options

Hi Pete

My audio interface is Focusrite’s Sacrlett Solo, it is compatible too and updated. But problem goes on.

I also downloaded Ableton’s lite version. It workes all good.It is always stable. But Ableton live is more expensive than Logic. I wish they could give us at least a good discount to buy Ableton.

It has been over 1 month with this problem. In the mean time I could learn Ableton and get really fluent workflow in it. I feel like I am wasting to much time in this problem.

Hopefully they will help us with this.

Let’s keep in touch.

Ahmet

• Pete from Bristol
    Options

Hi Ahmet.

I have Ableton as well, but not installed on this machine.

If you have a registered copy of Ableton Lite you get a discount when you upgrade to Standard. At least you used to.

Lite is bundled with quite a few controllers and interfaces, so that would qualify you as a paid / licensed user. That's what I did through my Novation MiniNova.

I have the top version of Ableton 10, but I'd definitely have bought the cheaper Standard if I'd known, as it has more or less everything you need IMHO.

PETE

• çakır
    Options

Hi Pete

Definitely Ableton’s standart version is enough. And it is 100 $ cheaper if you have the lite version, but Ableton is doing additional discount on upgrade prices. I am just waiting when they will do that offer again.

Meanwhile, maybe our Logic Pro problem will be solved and I go with Logic. If not…. We’ll see :)

Ahmet

• Pete from Bristol
    Options

Hi mate,

Can you try something for me? Get Logic going in a state where the transport controls are working. Then switch the keyboard to midi mode by pressing shift + the plug in button at the same time.

Wait for a few second, press those buttons again and then log on. Is that making things any more reliable?

I'd noticed that on closing Logic, the keyboard was still displaying all the KK information, rather than reverting to midi mode.

I've asked support if this could be a thing, but it would be useful to see if it makes any difference to you, or if I'm just imagining things.

PETE

• çakır
    Options

Hi Pete

I have tried you suggestion. But unfortunately it is the same. There is nothing stable.

It is so surprising that how it works with Ableton so properly but it doesn't in Logic.

I am doing this as a hobby. But instead of relieving me it's stressing me out.

And there is nothing I can do about it. I hope they will solve it. At least they should show us that they are trying.

Is Support team still in contact with you?

Ahmet

• Pete from Bristol
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yes, in contact. It seems to be working for me, most of the time! Try disabling core audio first. Hold control. Click open on Logic. Keep holding Control til you get the disable option. Does transport start? Close Logic and open again normally.

• çakır
    Options

What they say? Is there any progress?

• Pete from Bristol
    Options

Not yet! Will be next week, I suspect.