Traktor Pro 3.8.0 sound problem persists.

2»

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

It's sad that we have to micromanage traktor and use latency monitor, when other DJ software use significant less CPU and run fine on the same hardware 😟

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 249 Guru

Yeah I went through all of that and issues still persisted, whether I went down to Windows 10 or Windows 11.

I went a step further for my issues and grabbed a new laptop with an i7-1280p inside and any audio glitches I get are now non existent.

Previously I was using a 2018 8th Gen intel HP and it was shocking on Traktor if I had more than say 2x CDJs on HID and an X1 mk2 plugged in, the latency would be crazy.

• leesinthemix
    edited March 2023

One minute isn't long enough to judge really. Plug in everything you would be using during a typical Traktor set. Leave your wifi on, leave Chrome open and your battery performance on balanced and see what your spikes are after around five minutes.

wdf01000.sys is your USB drivers, so that could be a USB hub or the laptop's own.

• leesinthemix

Yes you're right. For instance, I really do get no issues with Serato or Rekordbox with Windows, unless I'm using an OLD interface like the Allen & Heath DB4.

Hopefully Traktor 4.0 brings some long awaited improvements to CPU load with the new codebase.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I do not think new Traktor will have new codebase. Maybe some parts. It would be costly to rewrite everything.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

@SteveKDJ

Should be all good on the commands you didn't need. Haven't tested myself, let me know.

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 132 Helper

@Stevan ,

My grateful thanks!

It works, except for:

Audio Recorder: Hold Shift (Deck A) + Cue and then press the QNT button to toggle the Audio Recorder On/Off.

not included. Sorry for the delay, but I tried reinstalling Windows again to see if it works. I doubt it yes... 

• SteveKDJ

@Kubrak ,

look: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/57727/#Comment_57727

Unfortunately I don't have a suitable processor (AMD-FX 8500 8 core)

supposedly not good for this... 

If I had the money, I could fix it. That leaves the agony.

I just really don't even try it live, it's pointless, I'm get burned in, they think I'm a beginner. and I've been doing it for 30 years.

• Kubrak

You mean you have AMD-FX 8350 8 core CPU?

• dj_bpm
    dj_bpm Member Posts: 2 Member

Ich benutze noch die Version 3.6.1 und bei jedem Traktor Neustart verstellt sich die Sample Rate der Internen Soundkarte von 44.100 (habe ich immer eingestellt) auf 192.000, dann habe ich Soundaussetzer und der CPU Load geht nach oben. Stelle ich die Sample Rate wieder auf 44.100 ist alles gut. In den Traktor Versionen davor gab es dieses Problem noch nicht, wie es jetzt ist bei den Neueren weiß ich nicht.

• Kubrak

Maybe it depends, to what frequency is the audio interface set up in driver. If it is 192k, than Traktor will probably use that setting and not the setting last used in Traktor.

• Kubrak

And what about trying different audio interface? Something with good ASIO driver.

• SteveKDJ

What do you call a good AISO?

I installed the "Tractor Kontrol S2 MK3 ASIO" that came with it. It works a bit better, but the bugs are there.

Do you know something "good"?