Disable Z1 CrossFader permanently

phrank
phrank Member Posts: 15 Member
edited March 5 in Mapping Traktor

Is it possible to to turn off the crossfader of the Traktor Z1?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod
    Answer ✓

Add In --> Global --> MIDI Controls --> Fader 1

Assign it to your crossfader and leave the "Override Factory Map" ticked.

That will disable the crossfader permanently but you can also disable the deck assignment buttons for the crossfader in UI.

• phrank
    Answer ✓

thanks for the infos

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

Yes, there are buttons in each side of the crossfader that assigned a Deck to the Crossfader. The mapping idea from above disables it permanently though (which is better solution if you have say a faulty hardware fader with "jumpin values/ghost messages"). the vlue is still going to jump around but it is going to happen under the hub and won't distract you when looking at the computer screen.

Answers

• djsubculture
    djsubculture Member Posts: 47 Helper

you should be able to do that in "Preferences" panel.

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

Add In --> Global --> MIDI Controls --> Fader 1

Assign it to your crossfader and leave the "Override Factory Map" ticked.

That will disable the crossfader permanently but you can also disable the deck assignment buttons for the crossfader in UI.

• phrank
    Answer ✓

thanks for the infos

• Weyland
    Weyland Member Posts: 2 Member

That option seems to be gone since a couple of years back, I also remember it being there when I got my Z1, but no more?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,328 Expert

I can't remember how I did it, but I think I just disabled it once in the UI. The buttons what decks are assiged to the crossfader.

At least my crossfader never does anything :)

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

Yes, there are buttons in each side of the crossfader that assigned a Deck to the Crossfader. The mapping idea from above disables it permanently though (which is better solution if you have say a faulty hardware fader with "jumpin values/ghost messages"). the vlue is still going to jump around but it is going to happen under the hub and won't distract you when looking at the computer screen.